Astray (4/4) || 14

"but you said you won't send me back..."

jungkook glares at the girl, ignoring the tears glistening her eyes, his jaw clenches in anger, snatching the gun from her hand and leans down to match her height.

"what do you think you were going to do?" he growls, "you, little girl, are in my territory. dare hurt any of my brothers, and you'll be begging me to kill you."

"kill me" aera whispers, rubbing the tears away and looks up at him. "you wanted to see me hurting, so you used charley. y'know what? let's get over with this, kill him and kill me too. he doesn't like this world either, that's why so he's aggresive and protective of me."

jungkook raises his eyebrows, staring at the girl with mocking amusement, "you're right, let's get over with this, you're only going to hurt my family anyway. and i will not let that happen."

finally, aera sighs softly, glancing at charley who looks alert, growling at jungkook as he now holds his gun at aera. his eyes hold zero emotions, absolutely devoid of any feelings as his finger rests on the trigger.

the girl leans onto her dog, hugging him and looks away from jungkook, not wanting to see his face as the last thing before she dies. so instead, she places a kiss on charley's coat, earning an instant licking-kiss from him, making her smile.

jungkook stares at the interaction and the smile that depicts anything but fear. she's too tired to fear death. his hand shakes for the first time in the past ten years, as if he won't be able to fire. not today. not ever. a sigh lingers on his lips, fear slowly takes over as he remembers the day his sister left his hand. it's a similar feeling, his hand shakes just like that day and his eyes glisten with fear;

"jungkook!"

for split second there's motion and then there isn't.

aera looks up, seeing jimin standing in front of her. by the heavy breaths and movement of his shoulders, she concludes he's angry- raging. jungkook is a few steps back now, his eyes are staring down at the gun which is lying on the floor while his empty hand touches his right cheek.

"are you out of your mind?!" jimin yells, grasping the younger's collar, pushing him further away from aera and charley. "are you crazy for god's sake jungkook! how did you even dare to think of hurting her?!"

"get up," jin's soft voice makes it way to aera's ears. his large hands, hold her body, helping her getting up from the floor and charley follows, "are you okay?"

aera nods gradually, looking back at jimin glaring at his brother who looks lost between words, as if he just realised what he's become. his hands tremble, hanging loosely on his sides. he releases a breath, blinking a few times with eyes scanning around until he finds jimin in front of him.

"hyung... i- i'm sorry," his voice comes out as a whisper that probably isn't convincing enough for jimin is still glaring at him.

"are you?" the elder sneers, "i told you very clearly to leave her alone. she didn't do anything wrong to you, why are you so desperate to get her out of the way?"

jungkook lowers his gaze, silently shaking his head while jimin continues, "don't you blame yourself enough for losing aera? and now once again you were going to do it, after ten years, jungkook you're repeating the same thing. the only difference is that this time, you'll regret it more."

"wha-"

"yeah, she's your sister," jimin says, glaring at him, "my sister, our aera. and you, jungkook have been nothing but an asshole to her." he turns around, following jin who takes aera to the room she was given, leaving jungkook to contemplate on his actions on his own.