296-300

Chapter 296: Toffeecito In Foster Care

Song Wenye gazed at the clothes enviously and begrudgingly. Was Mrs. Shen annoyed by her presence in the house or was she noisy and tiresome? Where was hers? Song Wenye wanted new clothes too.

“This is for you,” Shen Xi stuffed a sky-blue package into Song Wenye’s arms and smiled. “I bought you a whole outfit, including shoes and socks.”

“I knew it. Mrs. Shen can’t resist since I’m so cute.” Feeling over the moon, Song Wenye held the clothes against her chest and pulled Shen Xi along. “Come with me. I want to change into the new clothes.”

Shen Xi gave a look of contempt, “These clothes are for the New Year.”

Song Wenye replied, “Isn’t it the New Year now?”

As Song Wenye changed into new clothes, Shen Xi asked her, “Where are you celebrating the New Year?”

Song Wenye was fixated on the clothes, grinning from ear to ear. “My mom and her boyfriend went abroad for vacation. My dad and his new wife are heading back to the wife’s home. I made an arrangement with Alpha Xu to spend the New Year’s together.”

Granny Yu even told Song Wenye to come to her place for the New Year.

Nevertheless, an outsider like her should not disrupt other people’s family time together.

Song Wenye may sound happy, but only she would know the bitterness she felt. It was always a lively scene at home during the New Year with the family gathering around. It must feel awful to spend the New Year alone.

Having put on the new clothes, Song Wenye was joyful as a little kid as she twirled around in front of the mirror. She turned back and enquired, “Who is the fairy in the mirror? She’s so cute.”

Shen Xi was amused by her antics. Sometimes, it was best to live life carefreely. Song Wenye was an example. She found pleasure and joy in the mundane.

By the time Song Wenye and Shen Xi got downstairs, Pei Xu was already in the living room.

Pei Xu greeted them and turned to Song Wenye. Naturally, nothing nice ever came out of his mouth. “Hey, it’s only the first month of the lunar year and Mrs. Santa has already began her work. You’re really hard-working.”

Yun Jinping gave Song Wenye a red wool sweater. The color was festive and looked good. Song Wenye also pestered Shen Xi for a white knitted hat. She did look a bit like Christmas.

Song Wenye snapped back, “What do you know? You have no fashion sense.”

Yu Yuanxi’s eyes lit up. Song Wenye was cute to begin with and the red sweater accentuated her rosy cheeks. The white hat with two fluffy balls, in particular, was an adorable sight to behold as they dangled as she moved.

Pei Xu finally said something nice, “You should dress like this more often. It’s cute. Put on some girly clothes. Otherwise, no guys would want you and you will die alone.”

She dressed like a boy every day and that made him worried for her.

It would be great if she dressed cuter and more ladylike. Girls should dress up.

“Why are you here?” Song Wenye asked him.

“I need a word with him,” Pei Xu took a glance at Fu Qingxuan. “Fu Qingxuan, can I have a minute?”

Fu Qingxuan did not feel that there was a need to have a chat. However, he nodded and stood up when Pei Xu tipped him the wink and mouthed the words “Su Mushi”.