346-350

Chapter 346: Good Relationship

Su Mushi heard from someone in the afternoon that Pei Xu had skipped class with other students from the International Class. He was apprehensive and felt that it must be related to the gambling, so he took an early leave and went home.

When Su Mushi arrived at the living room, he heard a harsh and angry voice coming from the study, so he ran over terrified.

“Dad, it’s really not me. Shi was the one who begged me and insisted that I set up this bet. You know how hung up he was about ‘The Smiling Nation’. He just wanted to use this opportunity to get back at them.”

“Shi asked you to do it? Why would you just do as he asked?”

“He’s my brother and he begged me, so what else can I do? Shi said that the ratings will definitely not exceed 2%, and when the time comes, we can make money and you’ll be happy. How would we know that the ratings exploded?”

The conversation continued in the study. Su Muyan argued that it was Su Mushi who begged him to set up this bet and put all the blame on his brother, shirking off the responsibility.

Su Mushi stood at the door and listened to the argument. It was pathetic and ridiculous. He clenched his fist tightly and hatred surged in his eyes.

‘Ha! What a good brother! I can’t believe I trusted him wholeheartedly. When everything was fine, Yan’s a good brother, but when things went wrong, he put all the fault on me saying that I forced him to set up the bet?! I even thought of taking on the responsibility if something were to go wrong so that Yan won’t have to suffer with me… But look what he did?! He betrayed me and put all the blame on me. Since that’s the case, don’t blame me for being unkind.’

The bickering in the study was getting more intense, interspersed with the sound of things being smashed.

Su Mushi sneered. His eyes were blood-red as he pushed open the door. He looked like a demon that had just crawled out of hell and he had a sinister smile. “Dad, I proposed this bet, but Second Brother made the call.”

‘Well, this is only fair. Since we did this together, we should also share the responsibility. I was so ridiculously naive to think that my good brother would exculpate me from this…’

Su Muyan looked at him incredulously. “Third Brother, what are you talking about? You were the one who wanted to set up the bet. If you didn’t beg me, I wouldn’t have done such a thing!”

Su Mushi sneered mockingly. “Is that so? Second Brother, how did I force you to set up the bet? Did I hold a gun to your head?”

Su Muyan was annoyed. “Third Brother, you said at that time that you’ll take the blame for whatever happened. What are you saying now? You don’t wanna admit that it was your fault?”

Su Mushi smirked, “Second Brother, that’s not right. Even though I suggested it, you agreed because you wanted to show some achievements to Dad, isn’t that right?”

“I…” Su Muyan’s face turned red. “You’re spouting nonsense! Clearly, you’re the one who holds a grudge against ‘The Smiling Nation’ and you’re dragging me down in the process. My achievements in music are already enough for Dad!”

This matter had escalated. The two of them no longer cared about brotherhood and tried to drag one another through the mud.

“Shut up!” Su Yi swung the whip in his hand and beat his sons ruthlessly.

‘Look at these imbeciles! When things go wrong, they only know to pass the buck to each other. How did I raise such irresponsible bastards?! Even now, they’re blaming each other for such a small matter. How would they not kill each other when they fight for the family fortune in the future? Will they also kill their father to seize power?!’