o4--

-- NIANA'S POV -- 

After dinner, I drove to Sydney's house to get ready for the party. When I got there, everything was already set, so all I had to do was help her lock all the bedroom doors. Sydney's parents were always out of the country so she had all the freedom in the world to do anything she wanted but she still had some sense of discipline and didn't want the house to be messed up.

Not like she had to do any work though, they had servants for that.

"Guests will be arriving soon, I'll do your makeup." She said dragging me to her room.

"What about your nails?" I inquired as I tried to look for the broken nail only to see it had been fixed.

"I had it done on my way from school."

"Oh."

"Now let's get the work done." She said as she sat me on her vanity table and proceeded with my makeup.

When she was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and I was surprised at how much I change with just a few layers of makeup.

It was a Smokey eyeshadow and red lipstick matching my outfit. I had on a red detached long sleeve bodycon dress that was laced at the back, my hair was combed into afro which fell around my head and face.

I had on a black choker, golden bracelet and red scrappy heels. I felt girly for the first time in my life.

"Isn't this too much?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Act your gender, please." Sydney huffed wearing her shoes since she was done getting ready before I came.

She had on a purple two pieces dress, which had laces and ropes coming from different places. Sydney liked to flaunt her body and I support because have you seen her body?

She's like a walking temptation.

Her makeup was a yellow eyeliner and nude eyeshadow with pink lipstick, It suited her a lot.

She was going to awe Arlo today, he is going to be charmed by her beauty.

"Sydney?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you like Arlo?" I asked as I chewed on my lips nervously.

"I don't know but who wouldn't, that guy is a whole new level of fine." She said turning to face me then her eyes widened. "Don't ruin your lipstick."

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Just then the door bell rang and Sydney sprang up from her seat to get it.

I sat in silence as I thought back to when Arlo left. Did I still have feelings for him?

Two hours into the party and Sydney was already intoxicated, she was dancing with Arlo who showed up about an hour ago.

Let's not forget how breathtaking he was in the unbuttoned white and grey vintage shirt and black ripped Jean he had on.

His white converse went with the white t-shirt he wore inside his vintage shirt. His hair was as usual-- messy.

I stood awkwardly by the kitchen frame, watching them dance happily to the music.

There were other teens, some drunk out of their senses and probably looking for where to commit sins, while some were still sober-- dancing and grinding against themselves.

"Hey." A voice shook me from my little people watching.

"Hello." I smiled recognising him as Arlo's bestfriend.

"I'm Ethan." He said calmly stretching his hand.

His voice could be heard because the loud music wasn't very loud if you were in the kitchen.

"I'm Niana." I smiled, shyly taking his hands.

"I know, who doesn't know the pretty but smartest girl at school?" He chuckled making me blush.

"Thank you." I said in the smallest voice.

"Would you like some drink?" He offered, I was about to decline when Sydney's loud voice was heard.

"She definitely need it." She said collecting the cup from Ethan and pushing it to me.

I contemplated leaving but I know Sydney wouldn't be too happy so I drank the vodka from the cup, my face squeezing immediately from the bitter taste.

I knew how to drink wine A lot because I always went with my Dad to business dinners and other celebrations but I was never able to handle my alcohol tolerance when it came to vodka.

I took my second, third and fourth cup and at that point, I knew I was far from being sober.

I practically jumped into the dance floor as I started to dance to the beat of the song and then my favourite song came on.

Stay by the kid larol and Justin bierber.

At this point, I was feeling fly. I danced until my feet start to hurt so i took off my heels when the fatigue started to wear on me. I staggered upstairs as my hiccups increased.

"Hey, watch it." Someone said catching me before I fell backwards.

"Oh, hi Ethan, what a surprise to see you." I slurred as I wrapped my hands around him for support.

"Can we talk?" He asked as he steadied me with a hand round my waist.

"Sure Sure." I giggled as he led us to where seemed like the backyard.

He sat me down and quickly rushed inside to get me a bottle if water. After gulping it, my hiccup stopped and I seem to sober a bit but a splitting headache took over.

"You wanted to tell me something." I hit him groaned as the headache got worse.

"I like you." He said making my head go numb.

"Thank you." I smiled faintly as I become dizzy.

"I mean more than friends." He said again.

"You can't like me more than a friend does." I said after sometime.

"Why?" He asked in a small voice.

"Because I like Arlo that way, why is nobody listening to me?" I groaned as the headache returned.

"You are drunk, we'll talk when you are sober next time." He said standing up and left.

After a while, I fell to the floor, sprawled out. Groaning and trying to turn sideways, I stopped mid air at what I saw.

It was Arlo. He rest his back in the wall as he looked at me and my guess is that, he has been there for a little too long.