o1--

-- NIANA'S POV --

I slowly munched on my fries as I watch Sydney whine about her broken nails. It has been going on for at least thirty minutes now and it wasn't even a big deal.

"Stop eating, it's annoying."

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked looking at her through my petite glasses that was perched on my nose.

"It makes my hands look ugly." She pouted.

I sighed as I shook my head. She was a very funny one, She had intended to open the zipper of her bag but accidentally broke her index nail-- Her favourite.

I didn't like to fix artificial nails, I wasn't so comfortable with them on, the last time Sydney forced me into fixing them, I pulled them off the next day-- Thanks to the little glue that was used.

I had naturally beautiful nails that were pretty long but average.

"Then take it off and get a new one." I groaned finishing my fries and standing up to dispose the garbage.

"Do you even care about me?"

"Don't even start now Sydney "

"Meanie." She huffed.

Sydney grey, my bestfriend since 6th grade when she fought a boy that tried to bully me. Bold, Sassy, Hot, Smart-- All she was and that was made obvious with the attention she was constantly getting.

She was quite childish at times, with black curly hair, brown eyes and a nice figure-- which she never missed a chance to flaunt with her dazzling dress sense.

She had on a red top, which exposed the tattoo on her upper stomach and also on her left hand. A blue skinny jeans that accentuated her figure and a white Jordan to go with. Her hair was in a tight ponytail, which highlighted her small face and smooth skin.

While me, being the non-chalant person that I was, had on a sky blue hoodie with black leggings and sky blue boots. My hair was weaved into an all back and the only visible characteristic of me being a girl was the lip gloss I had on. Apart from that, I looked like an abandoned child in good clothings.

I had brown curly hair, high cheeks and round brown eyes that were always assisted with my petite glasses. I'm not a nerd-- because of Sydney's influence, neither am I a wild person, I'm just in the middle. You can also say I'm a free introverted person.

"The break is almost over, let's get going." I say as I gather my things.

She looked at me from under her eyes and pressed her lips together making her dimples come to view. "Will you follow me to the place then?"

"I'm not falling for that and please don't make me jealous."

This cracked Sydney up.

She had always knew from the start that I had a thing for dimples.

"I won't make you come to tonight's party." Sydney made a deal.

"No, I know you'll make me go no matter what and just take them off and I'll do it for you-- my style."

"Watch where you are going Nia--"

Too late, I had already bumped into the person and I feared for my body when I felt myself fall backwards but lucky enough, a hand around my waist saved me.

"Sorry Princess." I heard an overly familiar voice say as my cheeks went up in flames.

I didn't just embarrass myself in front of the guy I've liked all my life.

"Hey Arlo." Sydney smiled as I quickly stood to my feet and bit my lips in a nervous state.

"Hey Sydney and---- "

"Niana, but I call her Nia." Sydney spoke up for me and I was really grateful for that.

"Oh, nice name." He smiled. That smile that always had me in a daze.

Arlo Richardson, My crush since like forever. When we were younger, I was eight and he should be nine, because I started school a year earlier than I should. We went for a summer camp hosted by our school-- where I had my first kiss from none other than Arlo. I was surprised when he just came all of a sudden and kissed me.

I confronted him the next day about it and he told me he didn't like me and just wanted to try it.

When we got back from the camp, I prayed each day that school would resume and I would tell him I liked him. But to my disappointment, I found out they had moved to China. I felt really lonely then until Sydney came by.

He returned this year and every single girl at our school wants to be with him. I don't blame them, he was really cute with his Asian features. He didn't look my way to my displeasure-- things happen.

He glanced at me a few times before turning his attention fully to Sydney.

"So party at your house tonight?" He asked smirking.

Is he flirting?

"Yeah, pretty much the whole school know it's gonna be dope."

Sydney had that vibe, she was cool, lovely and free with everyone...

Unlike me.

"I trust you." He chuckled and winked at her as he pulled on the strap of his bag and walked away-- without even sparing me a glance.

It did hurt alot but if he likes my bestfriend, I won't hinder it just because of a kiss that happened eight years ago.

"He's so cute." She squealed.

"I know right."

At this point, I was glad Sydney didn't have the best memory out there, of course I had told her about Arlo, but she didn't know him facially because she came to our school in 6th grade and I'm glad she couldn't connect the dots-- especially since she knows the name of my first love was Arlo.

"There's no way he wouldn't have cute friends too." She giggled and turned to me.

"I'm not doing anything stupid syd."

"We are going shopping and then to the spa." She grabbed my shoulders and said so seriously. "Whether you like it or not."

A/N:

New book....
Tell me what you think about it-- don't forget to vote and comment.
Follow me to know when the book is updated.