Chapter 7

Cut to ext. of palace. ALADDIN is looking at the gardens.)
Aladdin: Sultan? They want me to be sultan?
(Genie comes out of lamp)
Genie: Huzzah! Hail the conquering hero! (Turns into a one-man band. He sees ALADDIN walk away with his head hung. He stops, scratches his head, comes up with an idea, then zooms over to ALADDIN. He holds up his hands like a director scoping a picture and we look through them.) Aladdin, you've just won the heart of the princess. What are you gonna do next? (ALADDIN looks at him, then walks away in sadness to the bed, where he falls on it and sighs. GENIE again is confused, then goes to him and pulls out a script labeled "Aladdin." Whispering: ) Psst, your line is "I'm going to free the genie." Anytime.
Aladdin: Genie...I can't.
Genie: Sure you can. You just go "Geeeeenie, IIIIIII wiiiiish you free." (He grabs ALADDIN's head and uses him as a mock ventriloquist's dummy. ALADDIN pulls away.)
Aladdin: I'm serious. Look, I'm sorry--I really am. But they want to make me sultan--no!, They want to make Prince Ali sultan. Without you, I-I'm just Aladdin.
Genie:Al, you won!
Aladdin: Because of you! The only reason anyone thinks I'm anything is because of you. What if they find out I'm not really a prince? (Quietly) What if Jasmine finds out? I'll lose her. Genie, I can't keep this up on my own. I-I can't wish you free.
Genie:(Sarcastically) Fine, I understand. After all, you've lied to everyone else. Hey, I was beginning to feel left out. Now, if you'll excuse me, master. (He says the last word in disgust, then poofs back into the lamp.)
(ABU and CARPET are watching from the window.)
Abu: Ohhh.
Aladdin: Genie, I'm really sorry.
(A tongue comes out of the spout and raspberries him)
Aladdin: Well, fine! Then just-! (covers the lamp) Stay in there! (he sees Abu and the others) What are you guys looking at?!
Daniel Tiger: You should know better to hurt Genie like that! That's not cool!
AJ: Daniel Tiger is right, Aladdin. You may have one wish left, but you have broken you're promise to Genie!
Aladdin: (in Carver's voice) At least, I'm not a-a-a-a wimp!
(The heroes gasps in shock to hear that, as Tino is hearing "wimp" inside his head)
Daniel Tiger: Well, this wimp is through being your friend.
Aladdin: Look, I--I'm sorry. Wait, Abu-- wait--I'm sorry, I didn't--
(They all left)
Aladdin: What am I doing? (sighs) Genie's right I gotta tell Jasmine the truth. Jasmine: Ali. Oh, Ali. Will you come here?
Aladdin: [sighing] Putting on his turban) Well, here goes. (He walks into the garden.) Jasmine? Where are you?
(We see IAGO wearing a beak and standing on stilts next to a FLAMINGO in the pond. He is imitating JASMINE's voice.)
Iago: [imitates Jasmine] Out in the menagerie. Hurry.
Prince Ali: I'm coming.
(We see Aladdin hurry past, not noticing the birds. IAGO laughs, then turns back and looks into the face of a FLAMINGO, who is panting.)
Iago: Ya got a problem, pinky? (He sweeps the bird's feet out from under it. IAGO runs into the palace and finds the lamp under the pillow.) Boy, Jafar's gonna be happy to see you! (Stretches his face like JAFAR's and imitates it.) Good work, Iago! (Normal) Ah, go on. (JAFAR) No, really--on a scale of one to ten, you are an eleven! (Normal) Ah, Jafar--you're too kind. I'm embarrassed, I'm blushing. (He flies away with the lamp.) People of Agrabah, My daughter has finally chosen a suitor!
Aladdin: Jasmine?
Princess Jasmine: Ali where have you been?
Aladdin: There's something I've got to tell you.
Princess Jasmine: The whole kingdom has turned out for father's announcement!
Aladdin: No! But Jasmine, listen to me, please!
Princess Jasmine: Good luck! (She pushes him out onto the platform with the Sultan, where he overlooks the entire crowd.)
Sultan: ...Ali Ababwa!
Aladdin: Oh, boy!
Iago: Look at them, cheering that little pipsqueak.
Jafar: Let them cheer. Genie: You know Al I really--I don't think you're him. (He descends and consults a playbill.) Tonight, the role of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.
Jafar: (He throws GENIE to the ground and puts his foot on GENIE's face.) I am your master now!
Genie: I'm afraid of that.
Jafar: Genie granted me mine first wish. I wish to rule on high, AS SULTAN!!!
(Cut to ext where dark clouds circle the castle. The castle shakes. The roof rips off and the SULTAN and ALADDIN duck.)
Aladdin: Whoa!
Sultan: Bless my soul. What is this? What is going on?
(His turban lifts off his head. When he grabs it, his whole body flies up, then is stripped of all his clothing except his boxer shorts. The clothing reappears on JAFAR.)
Jafar: Heh heh heh!
Sultan: Jafar, you vile betrayer!
Iago: That's Sultan vile traitor betrayer to you!
Aladdin: Oh, yeah, we'll just see about that! (Pulls off his own turban, but finds it empty) (Gasp) The lamp!
Jafar: Finders-keepers, Abooboo!
Daniel Tiger: Look!
(They both look up and see a gigantic Genie lift the palace into the clouds)
(Aladdin whistles and Carpet flies up to greet him. They fly up near the Genie's head.)
Aladdin: Genie! No!
Genie: Sorry, kid. I got a new master now. (Place the palace on the mountain)
Sultan: I order you to stop.
Jafar: Oh but there's a new order now! My order! Finally, you will bow to me!
(The Sultan bows, but Jasmine does not.)