Met Gala 2016

Taylor watched the gray door until it slammed shut, and then shifted her gaze to the mirror. Her newly bleached hair glistened bright platinum in the dim light that was this bathroom. Loud music was playing everywhere, so even here it could be heard. She hadn't been able to stand in silence for more than a minute when Karlie walked into the bathroom laughing.
- Oh, I've been looking all over for you. Do you know Tom Hidleston was asking about you? she asked.
- Hiddleston? No, I don't know. I'll go ask him what he wants- Taylor answered, shrugging her shoulders as indifferently as possible.
She quickly left the bathroom, leaving Karlie alone. "Taylor"- she heard a voice with a distinct accent. A British accent. It was the same guy she had been introduced to earlier. His name was Joe Alwyn. His short hedgehog was the first thing she saw. He was pretty good-looking. The hedgehog didn't really suit him, but Taylor couldn't help but admit that he was very handsome and, let's face it, sexy. At first he tried to mimic a semblance of an American accent, but then he gave up.
-Did you see any booze around here? I don't know the road here-Joe asked.
- Yes, of course you do. Look, just go straight ahead and to the right.
- That's just what I need-Said Joe, smiled, and walked away.
Taylor walked a little ahead and saw Tom. He waved and strode briskly toward her. The British man. He was obviously interested in her. Was she interested in him? She might have been. Strange feelings. As the conversation dragged on, Tom brought them champagne. He was handsome. And he had a kind smile. Tom made no secret of his infatuation with her, complimenting her. For now, Taylor paid no attention to this and just kept talking to him; he was educated and the conversations were quite interesting. She felt her phone vibrate. She apologized and stepped away. It was Adam.
- Taylor? Are you still at the Met Gala? It's so loud in there, I can't hear you very well.
Taylor went back into the bathroom. "I'm listening to you"- she said in a tired voice with a hint of irritation.
- You must be in a bad mood. Maybe I don't care about the Met Gala, Tay. Come home to me. Wine, cats, just you and me. I miss you. I've been here for three days and we still haven't talked. Taylor, I don't like that you're pulling away from me- Adam said.
- Adam, I'm having fun with friends and I'm not going home.
She suddenly heard his voice change.
- And I was hoping I was still your boyfriend. I'm sorry, but we only see each other in the mornings, and you just go to parties you weren't even invited to. Just to not be with me. I don't think you quite realize that you and I are kind of dating.
- Right now I feel like I don't have any freedom, and you're acting like a boy. Taylor was on edge, too.
- Damn it! I don't have enough to do and problems?! I leave early, change my plans, and you spit in my face. What the hell do you need me for?! Why do you need me, Taylor Swift? So you can hold my hand in front of the paparazzi? Adam is furious.
- Go to hell, I don't want to hear from you anymore. Taylor hung up the phone. Her relationship with Adam. She was tired, he had been very nice when they celebrated their one year relationship. Just when they were on the island, he was gentle and romantic. And then after they arrived...Then the accident. And that's when Taylor realized he was annoying her. The way he leaves his razor, the way his jacket is always lying around everywhere. And before, she'd only laughed. Her gaze fell on the screen saver on her phone. Her birthday. She's kissing Adam, he's hugging her waist, her hands in his hair. It had been good then. And now. Engagement announcements are printed in the newspapers, and she presses her lips together when she sees her boyfriend.
There, in the hall, she went dancing with Tom. Forgetting and dancing, that's how everyone sings. She almost succeeded. She and Tom stood in the corner. His hand rested gently on her waist, she could feel his heart beating. Their lips met. The first time, the second, the tenth... There was no telling how long they stood like that. As she turned away from Tom for a moment, she noticed Joe's attentive gaze on her and Tom. He quickly turned away when he realized he had been noticed. Taylor felt uncomfortable for some reason. So she stepped away from Tom for some reason. Walked away so she wouldn't have to see Joe or Tom. Or the phone with the missed calls from Adam. Fuck it. That was it.