August 2016

Our time.
Taylor looked at the selfies. She loved autumn, but now it seemed to be autumnal moping. Or whatever you want to call it. She hadn't thought of it all, I think, since 2017. Why now? Joe was back, and they were playing with the cats and drinking tea. Everything was fine.

But nothing was good in August 2016.
Taylor squinted when the sun hit her eyes. Australia is a pretty sunny country. Tom came up behind her. And they went for a walk. First he showed her the movie set. After all, he was now shooting a new movie. Taylor took his hand. She knew she was flying to Nashville tonight. To her friends. To a friend. To Joe.
What was going on between the two of them. It was very difficult to explain and understand. There was clearly an attraction between them. She wanted him, he wanted her. They were close friends, but damn near close enough to be called lovers. And Tom... He was sure they were doing well, invited her to the red carpet Emmys with him. He wanted her to cheer for him, and when "Night Admin" won something, he probably planned to hug her in front of the cameras or even kiss her. And she didn't want that. She realized she didn't love him. Not at all. He's a good man, but she doesn't care for him. For good now. She loves Joe. The song... Gorgeous. Yeah, that's the name of the song. The song is about Joe, not Tom. The song is about how gorgeous Joe is.
Taylor watched the lights fly by. A message came from Joe. He was inviting her to the bar tomorrow. Why not?
A noisy bar. No one seemed to recognize them. Taylor felt kind of lousy. She drank. She drank a lot, though she'd never noticed that before. She was on her feet, but she was already completely drunk. Joe decided, out of spite, to put her in the car. He put her in the back seat and sat in the first seat. When he looked at her, she suddenly laughed. She couldn't stop laughing, Joe looked discouraged.
- What do you think of us? Huh, Joe? Sitting here, I'm drunk, nobody knows about us. My boyfriend, who I don't really like, thinks I'm sitting at home with the cats. And he takes the time to call me and tell me how much he misses me. And I sit in your car and think about how damn handsome and beautiful you are. Ha, not only that. The one thing I want to say more than anything is that I love you.
Joe's face changed dramatically, and Taylor was suddenly scared. All this time she had been sure that the feelings were mutual, but now she doubted it. What if she was imagining things? And now she was telling him that she was in love with him and he didn't want that.
- You look like I told you your biggest nightmare. Is my love for you the worst thing you've ever heard?
 - No, on the contrary, it's the best thing I've ever heard-he whispered and silenced her with a deep kiss.
More, gentler, stronger...