Our time

Right now. New York
Taylor thought she had run out of air. She sat up abruptly on the bed. She glanced at the nightstand. It was four in the morning, Joe sniffling beside her. Taylor sat for a moment, catching her breath. Then she lay back down, hugging Joe in her arms. Why did she dream about Met Gala night. She had long forgotten about it, and now it was so clear. It was as if she was there again. Why was it like that? Soon Taylor was able to fall into a restless sleep, but there were no more dreams. The second time Joe didn't wake her, she felt him get up and leave. She woke abruptly, grabbed his hand and asked:
-Where are you going?
Joe turned and smiled.
- What are you doing up so early? It's only six in the morning. You have another hour to sleep in. Where, for a run, as usual.
-Ohhhh- Taylor rubbed her temples. I totally forgot about that. I can't sleep tonight, can I come with you?
-Sure- Joe replied.
They had been running for about twenty minutes now, but Taylor still had a strange expression on her face. Finally Joe stopped and asked:
-Babe, what's the matter with you? You're not yourself.
- Honestly, I don't know, Joe. I had the strangest dream last night. About that night at the Met Gala. It was so clear, like I was living it all over again. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Joe put his arms around her and held her close.
- Sometimes the past catches up with us. But we don't have to dwell on it. You have me now, don't you?
Taylor smiled and hugged him tighter. "Of course, honey"-she replied and kissed him on the nose. There were no more incidents on the run.
After lunch, Joe left for business, and Taylor was left alone. She tried to write something, but ended up just sitting at the piano and playing the same tune. She didn't know what, but something made her rewind to the end of the gallery. Back to 2016. Here's Met Gala night. Her and Karlie, a few other friends who are no longer friends. "And neither is Karlie," a voice whispered. Taylor shook her head, "We're not going to reflect on what was and is long gone. Here are her selfies with Tom. Starting with the first selfie. She's looking straight into the camera, smiling, and Tom is trying to kiss her on the cheek. She hasn't seen these pictures in a long time, and she'd forgotten all about this one. It's been a long time.