Progress

What is progress? When your husband whom you have abused in the past stops flinching around you, can that be considered progress. Arkyn is not an idiot. He has noticed how Isak flinches every time he raises his voice to discipline their children or gets angry about a business deal. He was working on not being angry, doing yoga daily. It helped him concentrate and focus, clearing the residual anger.

They occassionally share bed and it means the world to him. The fact that Isak still trusted him enough to take this risk curbed his insecurities to an extent. However, forgive him for being surprised when Vilhelm and Mihaita came to stay with them. Right now he was watching his father-in-law pour a drink.

"Vilhelm, just one," said Mihaita, warningly and left to spend some time with mom.

"I once- once slapped Mihaita. I was so angry about him mouthing off about my father and Waylin and me didn't even get along all that much back then. I knew Mihaita only said it in the heat of the moment because he loved my parents. It has been 20 years since that day and I still remember it. I thought he would leave me, finally fed up. I slept in the couch. My children wouldn't look at me or talk to me. I am not helping you justify hitting my son, because trust me- I still want to pull your arms out with my bare hands. I am saying, I understand and the guilt will never go away if you are truly repenting. Mihaita had told me after I begged for forgiveness that- he forgives me but the moment I raise my hand again, he will detach the limb. The anger, the alpha false pride, the authority- all of that were factors in how I reacted. No one is perfect. Apologise, keep apologising but at one point this will be behind you. Keep my son happy," said Vilhelm pouring a drink for him.

"Yes, sir," said Arkyn.

"Isak would want you to call us Papa and Baba. If you feel like you are forgiven, you can call us that," said Vilhelm.

"Not yet," said Arkyn taking the drink offered. Vilhelm stopped at one. Arkyn had two more.

"If I have more than 4, Isa can smell the number out of me," said Arkyn. They sat in comfortable silence for a while till Isak found them.

__________

Magnor raised an eyebrow when Esben dragged him to the palace residential area for lunch. Apparently, its a family date and he had dinner with Inar Aldereon and family. It was a little intimidating even though it was Inar who hired him and is like a mentor to him. Maybe it is because he valued the man's input a lot.

All he got was a quiet 'take care of my kid' and there was so much trust in those words. He knew it does not come easily to Aldereons since Olaf and Nijel and then Arkyn.

He is not like them. His loyalty is to this emperor and his family- all of them.

"We had two dates, should you not kiss me now," asked Esben. Even for him that was a bit forward.

Magnor kept quiet rather wisely if you ask him.

"Alpha"

Magnor stopped walking and looked at him. Esben flushed a little at that. Magnor bent down and took those delectable lips in his. Esben kissed back like a thirsty man, his hand coming to rest on Magnor's biceps. Magnor kissed the corner of his lips and then down his neck, sucking a mark.

"Alpha, I need- I need..

They were both losing control. Magnor moved away.

"Don't goad me," said Magnor.

"It was worth it. You are a great kisser," said Esben smirking.

"You know why you shouldn't," said Magnor.