05

THE NEXT EVENING Ravenna stood on the staircase with her siblings, Freya included

THE NEXT EVENING Ravenna stood on the staircase with her siblings, Freya included. The rest of the Mikaelson siblings were confused as to why she was standing with them but little did they know.

Ravenna's eyes slid over the sea of people below her; all dressed in suits and brightly coloured dresses. She spotted the doppelganger and the Salvatore brothers in the mix. She had honestly forgotten about them in the mix of everything.

FROM THEIR PLACE the Salvatore brothers and Elena looked up at the powerful family. Damon's eyes flicked over their faces and stopped on the two he didn't recognise. His eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "Who are those two?" he questioned motioning over to where Ravenna and Freya were standing.

"I don't know. Klaus only had five coffins. Unless he had those two hidden somewhere else," Stefan replied. Everyone moved towards the ballroom as a result of Elijah's opening statement.

Damon took Elena's hand in his own and led her onto the dance floor.

KAI SAUNTERED OVER TO RAVENNA. He swept her into his arms and she smiled. The song played and she looked around. Davina was dancing with Kol and she laughed at something he said. Freya danced with Finn who was staring at her suspiciously. 

Ravenna turned back to Kai who was looking at her intently, "What?"

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you," she blushed under his intense gaze. 

Kai looked around, "I've never been to something like this."

"Truth be told I have no idea what am I'm doing here. I hate these things," Ravenna laughed. 

"We're switching," Kai told before he spun her into someone else's arms. Klaus smiled at his sister.

"Hello, sister." 

"Niklaus."

"May I ask why your friend was standing with family?"

"Why because she is family. Our sister Freya that supposedly died of the plague," Klaus looked over at Freya that had stepped off the dance floor and was laughing with Enzo, "Don't you see it? Around the eyes." In truth, Freya did have a hint of Mikaelson fire in her eyes. 

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Excuse me," Ravenna walked off towards Kai. 

As the night progressed nothing new had really happened. The guests were now leaving. Kol was now going towards Matt — Rebekah's date. The two got into a small scuffle and Kol had ended up with a snapped neck. 

Hearing the commotion, Ravenna and the rest o the family walked outside. 

"Damon are you crazy?" Stefan asked. 

"Maybe I am. Where's Elena?" Finn picked Kol off the ground and carried him inside. 

A scream came from the house and everyone rushed in. Elena stood in a room staring at the cold body of Esther Mikaelson. 

"Mother?" Rebekah breathed, tears gathering in her eyes. 

"Good riddance," Ravenna said stepping over her body and going towards the drinks cart. 

"What do you mean good riddance? She's dead," Elijah asked. 

"Well, who do you think killed her?"

"What?" Klaus questioned. 

"Well, when she decides to kill us all and plant the idea that we're abominations in my little brother's head, she's going to end up dead," Ravenna shrugged. 

"You killed your own mother?" Elena spoke in shock. 

"Well yes. She carted Freya off to our aunt Dahlia. She blocked my witch side and manipulated my mind into thinking that she died. What kind of mother does that?" 

"She was a bad mother," Freya nodded. 

"Let's go, Frey," the two Mikaelson witches exited the room leaving their family bewildered and shocked. 

Author's Note

Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson, Finnick Odair or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner below) to see all my aesthetics for books and my book covers.

Anyway thank you for reading