Chapter One

I opened my eyes slightly. 'Where am I...?'

I was propped up against a thick oak tree, my blonde hair in a short braid, which was stuck to the bark on the tree.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba-" My head jerked up to the source of the noise. A fat, white bird was currently flapping its way past.

I shook my head. "How could something so fat be so, so annoying?" Standing, I started wobbling my way after the bird, stretching my legs. "It has to have an owner, then I can ask where I am."

The bird slowly flew through the forest, 'ba ba ba'ing the whole way. Eventually I heard three voices up ahead. Some instinct told me to hide, so I took cover behind a big bush.

"Pierre! There you are you silly bird!" The man had a thick French accent and wavy blonde hair. There were also two more men. One with white hair and...and, red eyes? And a man with brownish hair and bright green eyes.

They talked about random stuff, and I picked out the words 'countries', 'meeting', and 'war'. Who were these people? And why did they refer to each other as Prussia, France, and Spain? Those are countries! Not people!

I moved the bush slightly so I could see them better. A twig cracked and I froze as their talking stopped.

"Who's zhere?" The red eyed man called in my direction. He had a German accent.

The green eyed man looked over to the bush I was behind. "Sí, who's there? You can come out, we won't hurt you." He had a soft Spanish accent.

My heart was pounding and I tried to steady my breathing as the three moved closer.

As they got within five feet I jumped up and took off in the opposite direction, but tripped over a root after I got about twenty feet away.

"Madameusel! Where are you going!" The French man called. There were thumping foot steps and I spun around to see them standing in front of me.

"Who are you and vhy vere you spying?" He paused and looked at the French and Spanish men. "Kesesese~ Did jou like vhat you saw?"

"I-I....who...? Uhh..." I stuttered as the three taller men stared at me as I lay on the ground.

"Don't be a brute, Gilbert." The Frenchman reached down and offered a hand to me. I hesitantly took it and he pulled me to my feet.

"I'm Antonio!" The Spanish man introduced himself happily. "That's Gilbert," he gestured to the German, "and that's Francis," he gestured to the Frenchman in front of me,"who are you?"

My eyes were wide as he introduced them. I swear they had been calling each other countries....well, I guess I should introduce myself. "I-I'm....Fawn..." Why was that hard to remember? I scrunched up my nose. What was my last name? I should know this. I started to panic as I couldn't remember where I was from, who my family was. "I-I don't remember anything else!"

The Spanish man, Antonio, placed a hand on my shoulder. "What do you mean chica?"

I was shaking now, "I c-can only remember m-my name! N-nothing else!"

The three exchanged a look. Did they know why? Did they do this?

"Hey, frau. Jou should come vith us." As soon as Gilbert finished his sentence, Francis grabbed one of my arm and Antonio grabbed the other. They started dragging me to who know where.

Then it hit me.

I'm being kidnapped.