Chapter Eight: Suicide Squad

Recommended Song: Seven Nation Army by The White Stipes 

No way I actually fell asleep on that plane ride. I had just closed my eyes for a bit, that's all. Now a soldier was grabbing me and pulling me to my feet. Harley was in front of me, in a rolling chair. I noticed the strap was back over her face. We got off the plane and walked for a while. I looked around. Soldiers were running one way, and civilians another. It looked like they were evacuating the city. I wasn't sure where we were. 

The soldiers in front of me stopped. Harley was lined up next to Deadshot, and some other guy with tattoos all over his face. I stood next to Harley hesitantly. The soldiers clearly didn't like the fact that I wasn't strapped in a chair. The fifth member of our team rolled in beside me. The dinosaur. I eyed him suspiciously. He growled. What was that thing?A new group of soldiers approached us. One man seemed to be leading them. I tried not to make eye contact with him. He looked at all of us with disgust. I disliked him instantly.

When he laid eyes on me he looked at the other soldiers, "Why isn't she in a chair?"

They didn't answer, so I did, "They knew I wouldn't cause trouble."

He scoffed, "What are you doing in this group if you don't cause trouble?"

I bit my cheek to avoid saying something I would regret.

"Do you want me in a chair?" I asked instead.

He frowned and said, "Let 'em all out."

The soldiers did as they were told.

Harley stood up and stretched, "Mmmm, Hi boys! Harley Quinn. How ya doing?"

She stuck out her hand for a handshake, which they of course ignored.

"Huh?" Harley cocked her head, "I should kill everyone and escape?"

I looked over at Harley, who laughed and said, "Sorry, it's the voices."

No one reacted.

She laughed, "I'm kidding geez! That's not what they really said."

The man who looked like he was in charge rolled his eyes. Two more soldiers ran up, a wriggling sack between them. I raised an eyebrow. They tossed it on the ground. Whatever was inside was clearly trying to escape. Muffled shouts of rage came from the bag. Was that... a person in there? I almost laughed.

"What have we got here? Twelve pounds of shit in a ten pound sack." The man in charge said,

One of the soldiers took out a pocket knife and cut the bag open. What a waste of a perfectly good bag. There was a zipper right there! I glanced at Deadshot, who looked as confused as I did.

"Welcome to the party captain boomerang."

Captain boomerang? What kind of name was that? A wild looking man clambered out of the bag. He sprang up, punching the closest man to him. Two other guards grabbed him. I crossed my arms. This was supposed to be our team? We are so dead.

"Hey hey hey, what's goin on man?" the so called captain boomerang,

"Calm down." The man in charge said,
"One minute I'm playing Mahjong with me nanna then this red streak hits me outta nowhere."

"Shut up! You were caught robbing a diamond exchange."

"I was not!" Captain boomerang said in an Aussie accent.

A black car pulled up.

"Here comes slipknot, the man who can climb anything. Wonderful." The guy said,