He Knows Everything

Damian's pov:

I do hear when people whisper about me, I just don't care. I don't care when they whisper about me. When I hear rumours of the people I love, I know I bristle.

"Does he even know her name? He only ever calls her 'beloved'. Like, how sketchy is that?" A harlot a few tables over giggles to her friends. I roll my eyes, of course I know Cora's name. We live together.

"I know right? Like, maybe they're not that serious? The Wayne's are nice, but they have a rep." A different bitch puts in. I grit my teeth. I get the sudden feeling to go tell my girlfriend how much she means to me.

I pack up my things calmly. I put back the books I was reading normally. Collecting my bag, I stride past their table.

"Her name is Cora Marie Sanchez, and this is a library. If you want to gossip, I hear the cafeteria is still open." I say over my shoulder before striding out.

I scoff at their gobsmacked expressions. Honestly, did they think they were being subtle? I fight to keep from rolling my eyes again.

I wish that this was the only time something like that has happened. Even now I can hear whispers.

"Is that Damian Wayne? Where's Cora?"

"I know right? I thought they were inseparable."

"Ooh, maybe they're fighting again."

"I wonder what they're fighting about. He probably flirted with some chick and she got jealous."

"Pfft, how stupid do you have to be to go out with a Wayne and expect him to be loyal?"

I pause in my steps. No amount of will power could stop my glare. I crane my neck to look down at the last commenter.

"Powlski, how stupid do you have to be to insult the love of my life with your petty beliefs?" I question. The girl swallows thickly.

"I-Im s-sorry-" she trembles out pathetically.

"Let me make something abundantly clear." I say loudly to silent hallway. "Cora Sanchez is intelligent, strong, and kind. Seeing as I am the one she has decided to love, I would be a fool to throw that away for anyone else. Do I seem like a fool?" I glower at the crowd.

A chorus of disagreement and apology ripples through my peers. I straighten my blazer.

"Then there will be no need for mindless speculation on a relationship that isn't yours." I nod and continue on my way.

The crowd parts like the Red Sea but I keep my eyes glued straight ahead. The doors to the outside field are just a few meter from me. A few more strides and I'm breathing fresh air. As fresh as it can be in Gotham, I suppose.

I spot a head of blue hair and the bent shape of tan skin on the grass. The sky is surprisingly clear today. I walk over to the two forms, noticing another body splayed on the grass.

"Oh, hey Damian!" Mikelson calls. I nod, my eyes going to Cora's shaking body.

"Hello, what is it you're doing?" I question. Cora lets out a gasp and crumples to the ground. She groans and stays limp.

"I was trying to teach her how to do a back bend." Mikelson admits sheepishly.

"I am definitely not flexible." Cora wheezes. I stifle a chuckle.

"Well, you're still pretty bendy. Riley just doesn't have bones." Kaidan mentions, barely looking up from his phone.

"I am anatomically perfect thank you very much." Mikelson defends. I notice the blush on kaidan's cheeks.