•°•5•°•

Turns out that the teacher-student relation between Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon was the exact opposite of that between Kim Y/N and the latter.

Taehyung was absolutely his least favorite student, while Y/N became the most favorite one. Mans legit gave her grace marks for what Y/N thought was no particular reason, even good-natured banter in the middle of classes was not a rarity.

That was one of the good things about Mr. Kim. Humans didn't have a very long attention time span, and he understood that. He knew that he couldn't just speak about an indifference curve at length for an hour and expect his students to listen to every single thing. So no matter how many free periods he ate up, he would deviate off topic and start making small talk with the students every twenty or so minutes, about anything, really. Sometimes he would narrate his own childhood shenanigans, talk about politics, sometimes discuss the funky hair color of one of the students, calling them names like Bubble Gum for pink hair, Vitamin C for orange hair, and so on.

One very fine day, in her notebook Kim Y/N was scribbling away. She had her submission due that very day, and she was finishing it last minute, there was no other way. It was one of those now rare free periods, one could say, since Mr. Kim wasn't free, which kept him at bay. Suddenly, she remembered Mr. Kim mentioning a test this Friday, so she asked out loud without looking up from her notebook, since the class was noisy anyway.

"What do we have to prepare for the test this Friday?"

"Index numbers," she heard someone answer, and made a mental note to study it well. She didn't want to tarnish the image Mr. Kim had of her. Though she did pay good attention in his class, so it wouldn't be that difficult for her to prepare for the test.

•°•°•°•

If Kim Y/N thought that she could just walk into the Coffee xoxo Café anytime she wanted, order anything she wanted, not pay for the drink and walk right out without someone yelling after her . . .

. . . well, she was right.

Why, you ask? You see, her and Taehyung's sweet sweet Papa was the owner.

Even though Taehyung often brought his friends to the coffee place, Y/N's friends didn't even know that her father owned one. She didn't tell them; they were her friends, sure, but they were kind of dominating. Taehyung's friends were understanding. They didn't demand free coffee whenever they came, they always paid. They got that the business couldn't afford handing out free stuff every now and then. But Y/N was afraid her friends wouldn't be like that, so she kept quiet about it.

The moment Y/N entered, she noticed that Taehyung and his two friends were sitting in a corner booth. Altogether ignoring them, she headed toward the counter.

"Hiya, Y/N! Looking pretty today, I must say," the friendly barista greeted her. They knew each other quite well and often flirted back and forth.

Y/N pouted. "What do you mean, today? Don't I look pretty everyday?"

Sehun chuckled. "Yes, yes, you look pretty everyday, but your outfit today is great. You look particularly attractive in a delicate way."

"Well, thanks for your intricate analysis, you don't look bad yourself, hon," Y/N grinned.

The man made a dramatic bow with hand gestures and all. "Complements appreciated, m'lady."

Y/N sent him a flying kiss, and giggled as he clutched his heart, feigning pain.

"Ahh! Bullet to the heart!" Sehun groaned.

Y/N giggled more. "Stop it!"

He composed himself, smiling sweetly. "Anyways, what can I get for you, my beauty?"