Chapter 21: D-Daughters!?

Completely unbeknownst to him, Mark had been watched. Whether in the privacy of his bedroom or the less private halls of the castle, three curious pairs of eyes observed his almost every move. Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela had been subjected to simply observe the odd little man-thing during his unexpected stay in their domain. Whether they watched out of pure curiosity, boredom, or a mixture of the two, one thing was certain behind their intent when spying on him. They were waiting for a slip up, an error, a mistake. And yet... to their disbelief and utter irritation, it seemed he persistently kept a somewhat clean record in their halls. Even after the torturous day the girls inflicted upon him, the man-thing was no closer to leaving then he had been before. With his stay being extended, and for how much longer one could only guess, the trio of darkly garbed women grew impatient.

     "We've been over it at least three times now, Cassandra. He hasn't stolen anything, he isn't a hunter or raider, he hasn't been rude to any of the staff, and he hasn't harmed anyone either. The only real thing we had against him was that stunt with the maid but even that is old news," Bela explained.

     Cassandra growled, crossing her arms harshly over her chest, fed up and utterly impatient.

     "None of the schemes we used worked either! Every trap we've thrown at him, he manages to crawl away unscathed! Why isn't he slipping up?" Cassandra hissed.

     "But even if he does slip up, what then? You know how faithful Mother is to Mother Miranda. She won't risk upsetting her, definitely not now that she's gotten so far already. And Mother made us promise," Bela commented.

     The room was silent for a brief period until Bela added, "Maybe we should call it quits, Cassandra. I'm sure Mother has caught on to all of this by now. We're going to get into a lot of trouble."

     "I don't call this quits until he's dead or gone or worse, and if you asked me, I wish for worse," Cassandra interjected.

     The daughter bearing the yellow pendant was just about done with all of this.

     Daniela leaned backwards over the lip of the couch, in between her two sisters who sat upon it, whining, "Ohhhh! It's just not fair! With the man-thing around, only Mother gets to really play around with him, but I really wanted to play with him too. It's been so long since a man-thing's been around."

     Cassandra continued to brood, muttering, "It's bad enough we've had to stay away for so long, but I draw the line when all I can smell is his scent all the time! It's everywhere now; it's driving me crazy not to have a little taste."

     "I know what you mean. His scent really is quite appetizing, isn't it?" Bela admitted with a disappointed sigh.

     "Makes me wish I hadn't agreed not to hurt him," Cassandra muttered.

     "Would Mother really know if we just had a nibble or two? Just a little one? We can just knock him out or something and make him think it was his imagination. I just have to have one little taste," Daniela tried to reason.

     "I'm in," Cassandra agreed without much thought.

     "Wha- Sisters!?" Bela argued.

     Despite Bela wanted this just as much as her sisters, eager to get what should have been theirs, she was reluctant to agree, especially since she'd made a promise to her mother.

     "Please, Bela. We won't do it without you," Cassandra pleaded, Daniela nodding and pouting her lip.

     Bela eventually caved and agreed, saying, "Oh, alright."

     Cassandra practically leapt off the couch but didn't get far as Bela's hand snagged the back of her hood.

     "Now hold on a moment. If we are to do this, sisters, we should take precautions. As much as I would like to think this plan will go without a hitch, I for one do not wish to be in deeper trouble than we potentially could find ourselves in," Bela stated.