Mission Gone Wrong(Fiction)

It was just another mission with Sam, like usual she was on guard as she went ahead in the dark warehouse, I watched her back so no one could sneak up on us, we was looking for Kim. She had been kidnapped and it was our job to go fetch her, Sam was even made to leave her weapons at home and was the one carrying the ransom money. The warehouse was dingy and decrepit, there must've been a burst pipe or something as the only sound other than the heels of our shoes clicking against the concrete was a consistent drip.
Drip. Drip. Drip. The further we went into the warehouse it sped up as if the water was running from an unseen foe, you could tell that Sam was getting nervous, she reachedup to her neck, feeling for the necklace that always lay hidden beneath her snowy shirt, A look of genuine surprise and worry crossed her face, I could tell right away.

She forgot to put her lucky charm on.

Weaving in and out of the many crates that were stacked to the height of skyscrapers there was still no sign of Kim, Sam muttered almost in silence,
"For an abandoned warehouse there's a ridiculous amount of crates..."
I nodded slightly in response as I looked around the surrounding area in suspicion.
It was silent. And not the soothing kind.

Click, click, click. Drip, drip, drip.
This was the rhythmic tune we heard on repeat until there Kim sat tied to a chair, I was about to run over to her but Sam stopped me with her arm, I glanced over to her, her eyes already tinted their bright blue ice like shade, something was seriously wrong if she was that much on edge her eyes took on their protective glow, I looked back towards Kim and immediately understood why.

On the phone she was beaten but there wasn't a single bruise on her fair skin. There was no appearance of a struggle from the ropes that bound her. Her hair and clothes was pristine looking and there was no sign of fear in her emerald eyes. Just sheer amusement.
It was then I felt a sudden sharp pain in the back of my neck, it was a small dart, a feeling of drowsiness began to overcome my consciousness, with blurred eyes I saw armed men charging towards us so I tried using my powers but... As soon as I shot a ball of fire. It went crashing to the ground, gone out...

The last thing I saw was spikes of ice shoot out of Sam's hand before I passed out.

I woke up in a room, I was in the middle of it but even still the door was miles away, my powers wouldn't of reached even if the door was wooden, I couldn't destroy it, there was a rhythmic drip echoing in the room, it was different from the last rhythm, moving my hands slightly made the chains that bound me clink against the cold, hard floor behind my back.

I must've been there for hours but it felt more like decades, maybe centuries, there wasn't even a window to inform me if night had already fell, there was just the beating of my heart that was in sync with the dripping, and my thoughts but they went to the beat of their own drum.

Where's Sam? Was she OK? Did she manage to escape and get help? Does anyone even know what happened?

These were the questions that was put on repeat like a tape recorder as I sat there, stewing on how to escape from the empty cube I found myself in. I had almost fallen asleep because of the exhaustive thinking when a pair of red heels illuminated by a new light came into view, lifting my head following the new figure in the room from the feet up, her fair skin, delicate body shape and red mini dress revealed the figure to be Kim even before I saw her golden blonde hair out of its usual ponytail swaying behind her, she wore an innocent smile as she walked towards me, her heels clicking along the floor, as some armed men trailed along beside her she stared down at me. Reaching out she tilted my chin up with one of her talons while saying,
"You shouldn't of come here with her dear sweet Jeffery. We could make a beautiful couple you know? We could."
She moved forward, her lips inching towards mine, I turned away causing her to scowl,
"Fine, your choice."
She said as she kicked me in the gut,
"I'll just go and torture your lil girlfriend instead."
Her heels clicked away as I called out to her,
"Wait! What have you done to Sam?!"
My voice echoed through the room like several me's was calling out at the same time. She glanced back with a sly smile on her face before stating,
"Let's just say I put the rabbit in a cage, it's a lil bit small though."
Before she left again. I tried to call out to her again but got knocked to the ground by one of the guards.