Books and Boogie (Nino x Marinette)

Nino slowly walked up to the old public Library, man I can't remember the last time I was here. He looked around, it really hadn't changed much, maybe a new coat of paint or two, but otherwise it was his childhood Library. He looked down at the book in his hand, Probably was when I checked out this book ten years ago. He still couldn't believe his mom had but this book on their shelves, think he and Chris would by choice own the "Completed works of William Shacksper" by choice. If he remembered right he'd talked it out for a school project in high school, he'd been 17 then, man how different the world had been. He has been planning on marrying Alya, and they would freelance for a bit and hopefully, he'd make a name for himself and put her through school. But alas something only workout in our dreams.

He pushed open the old wooden door, man this place still smells the same, wonder if Old Mrs. H still runs this place. He smiled at the thought of the sweet little old lady who had run the library, she had to be one of the few people of Paris who never was akumatized or a target of Shadowmoths bad guys. He was grateful by the time he came back from his adventuring and touring LB and Chat had taken down Shadowmoth, he was sad he missed the final battle though, it couldn't be helped he took a year to travel after high school and in Spain at the time. He'd also wished he'd gotten to say goodbye to Wazz but maybe one day. 

He walked up to the Library's desk and tapped the bell. He heard some heels clicking coming up behind him, he turned to see who the new lady in charge of the Library was. He was shocked to find, "Marinette? Is that really you?" He looked her up and down, she hadn't gotten a whole lot taller, she was below his chin now, but she looked amazing, she'd glasses now or else she was wearing for them for style. Her hair was up in a typical librarian bun, and she no longer wore her black studs, but have some classy hoops in instead. 

"Nino? Oh my! I thought it was you, but I doubted, I hadn't heard you'd moved back yet from your mom. She's still an active member of the book club." She quickly hugged him. "Come sit in my office, Katherine can handle the front if anyone comes in." She took his hand and pulled him into her office.  "When did you get back?" 

"Well I've been touring and gigging off and on since high school, the life of DJing you know, nothing is consistent, but well Mar we are 28 now and life on the road isn't for me anymore, so using the money I've made and saved I bought the club you know the one where were never allowed in? I'm gonna make it a fun place again, gonna have ladies nights, date night, maybe a youth night if I can find a way to lock up the alcohol." He was smiling so much his face hurt. 

She smiled back at him, "I missed you, Nino, I was so sad when you just left without a word that summer, not that I blamed you, Alya was cruel to you." 

"I should have reached out to Nettie... We were best friends before those to come into our lives.: He shook his head, "Think you can find room in your lovely heart for me again?" 

"I think I can Ninny." She shot him a smile and pointed to the wall behind him. He turned and saw a photo of the two of them from their days at story corner. They couldn't have been more than three when they met, best friends ever since.  "I keep there so on days when I just wanna quit, I remember what this place can do." Her smile is so warm and soft Nino almost forgets he has a question burning in his mind. 

"Mar? I hope you don't mind me asking but why are you here? Like I know it's been ten years but I never remember you mentioning wanting to be a librarian." he leaned forward giving her his full attention. 

"Oh, you don't know. You haven't heard..." Her face fell and he instantly wanted to take his question back. "You really didn't follow up with us, did you? She giggled, he felt a little better. "Well the short answer that I give everyone is I offended Gabrial Agreste and he black-listed me." She said it so casually as if it didn't hurt anyone. "Luckily I still had people who wanted me to work for them, Jagged, Kitty Section, Clara, Luka as a solo act and Adrien. So I created a fake name and work as a freelancer and work here full time. I was able to go to school for it easily enough. School was always easy for me, so I went for it. When I graduated three years ago Mrs. H was getting ready to retire so I took over from her." She shrugged.