Ch 18 - Liar. Liar. Liar.

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Iona. Or Kole. Or Konnor. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

Too many hours later I was back in Kole's room, sitting on the bed delightfully unchained thanks to my newfound friendship with Kallum, my mind spinning with every lie and false nicety I'd spun this morning. The day after tomorrow. That's when I was escaping. It hadn't taken much persuading to get them to agree to hold my fake hen do so soon, apparently the other females were very excited to meet me. It didn't give me much time to plan but it was the best I could do.

It also wasn't hard to steal away the pen Lucy had made notes with. She was sweet, but scatterbrained and I used that to my advantage. She lost the pen. She must have misplaced it. It was easily done. And now it was stashed in my backpack.

I eyed the lock on the window. Not my ideal means of escape, but I'd take it in a pinch and I would need the pen for that. But the pen would be no good without matches or a lighter and the wolves had kept me far away from anything like that. Maybe tomorrow I could tell Lucy that no hen do was complete without a cake and what was a cake without candles?

I thought about my pack resting in the cupboard. I thought about the locked windows, my chains, and Siobhan who would be my shadow that night.

If I managed to escape, I had a vague idea of where to go and I had gear in case I got stuck out there. Now, I needed to get the cuffs off for the party. I needed to get rid of Siobhan. I needed to figure out how to get out of that locked window without anyone noticing because waltzing out through the front door was not going to be an option. Of those three problems I had no solutions yet but I was working on it.

I started as Kole burst through the door, a dark look on his painfully handsome face. I hated that my body acknowledged how damned attractive he was. He ran his gaze over me, over the extra inches of stomach where my t shirt had ridden up. I quickly tugged it down but not before I saw the black in his eyes.

Teeth gritted he turned and stalked into the bathroom. A moment later I heard the shower running. A loud crack thundered from the bathroom and when Kole finally emerged I could see the giant crack in the tile through the open door. His knuckles were a deep purple and bent out of shape but I had no doubt they would be healed by the end of the night.

Part of me delighted in his distress, but the other part of me knew this was an opportunity to win his trust. A smaller part, a part that I didn't want to acknowledge, was concerned for him.

"Bad day at the office?" I called but I got no reply. "What happened, Kole?"

He stalked out of the closet, a pair of running shorts loose on his hips. "The Gulf Alpha is a fool and I-" he cut himself off, his jaw clenching, "Where are your cuffs?"

"Kallum took them off so I could shower. I guess he trusted that I'm not stupid enough to jump out a third storey window when there's fricking werewolves everywhere." I rolled my eyes, hoping to keep him from seeing that that's exactly what I was planning on doing two nights from now. When the time was right...

Kole scowled and headed for the door.

"Don't this out on him, Kole. He didn't do anything wrong."

He span, glaring at me. "I made my orders to him clear."

"Your orders? Or the elders orders?" I snapped back. "I've been in here uncuffed for over an hour and look, still sitting here, haven't gone anywhere."

"That doesn't mean that you won't." He took a step closer, looming over me but I wouldn't let my intimidation show. "Do you think I'm stupid enough to trust you?"