Move in!

The team were startled by the shots heard.

"Move in! Everybody move in!" Tara said as they started running into the building.

They opened the door and saw Ethan's body on the floor, three bullets in him, Emily and JJ were still tied up. The team looked over to where JJ and Emily were looking at. Riley was lying in a puddle of her your blood.

Rossi, Matt and Reid walked over to JJ and Emily, while Tara and Luke rushed over to Riley.

Tara took off her jacket and pressed it against Riley's wound.

A few seconds later an ambulance came pulling up the driveway. The paramedics came rushing over to Riley and quickly got an oxygen mask on her, and on the stretcher.

JJ and Emily climbed into the ambulance as they sped off towards the hospital.

The ride to the hospital seemed to take forever, it was like time had stood still and there was no way of making it start again.

Finally after what seemed like years the ambulance pulled up to the Emergency Room section of the hospital, nurses and doctors came rushing out the door to help the paramedics get Riley stretcher out of the ambulance and quickly rushed her inside. JJ and Emily also had to get check out by the doctor.

A few hours later

JJ and Emily were not hurt to bed just a few cuts here and there but nothing big. The team was now waiting to the waiting room for Riley doctor to come out.

"Are you with Riley Thompson?" A doctor asked.

"Yes." JJ said

"How is she?" Emily asked

"She is out of surgery and in recovery. She is stable. She had a gunshot wound to the shoulder, which means her shoulder is dislocated. Her ribs are a little bruised though where she was shot though her vest, so she is going to have to take it easy. She will be discharged tomorrow." The doctor said

"Okay thanks Doc. Can we see her?" JJ asked

"Yeah, room is 143." The doctor said as she walked away.

JJ and Emily took a deep breath when they saw Riley lying on that hospital bed.

"Hey" JJ whispered as they walked over to the side of Riley's bed.

"Hi." Riley said in barely above a whisper.

"How are you feeling?" Emily asked

"Okay, how are you guys feeling?" Riley asked

"We are okay, we are just happy that you are okay." JJ said

A few minutes later

"I am sorry to interrupt but we really need to let Mrs. Thompson sleeps." The nurse told them sweetly.

"We love you, and we will see you in the morning." JJ said as she placed a kiss to Riley's forehead.

"Love you too." Riley said as she walked JJ and Emily walked out of the room.

Reid was the first one to spot JJ and Emily coming through the double doors and quickly stood up.

"How is she?" he asked as the rest of the team stood up.

"She's good, she fell back to sleep, but she will pull through." Emily told them.

"She is a fighter." Rossi said

"We should go and get some rest. We are going to stay in Maryland until Riley is discharged." Tara said to everyone.

"Okay." Everyone said

Everyone drove to the hotel that they were staying at for the night.

The next morning

Riley walked out to the waiting room where they found the team.

"Hey guys." Riley greeted with a smile.

"Hi." Reid said as he hugged Riley.

"Are you cleared to go home?" Reid asked.

"Yeah." Riley said.

"Okay, let's go then." Rossi said with a smile.

Riley agreed and they walked out together.