chapter 1

"Up!"

Shouted a small tiny voice, carrying small urgency with it. The adult woman currently working on stove trying to drown out the smaller voice.

Johanna:" not right now dearie, i have to work on the chicken. I'll give you upies in just a few-"

"Up now!" The young child said now carrying an impatient pout. Johanna looked down and sighed, turn the heat down and crouch down to the hieght of her youngest, before ruffling his hair enciting happy giggling.

"Luke mommy is busy  right now, say how about you go and see if hilda is awake?" The awnser she got in response, was seeing the black hair of the young toddler turning into a blur as he turned the corner and rushed up the stairs.

Finding his objective the young child clambered up before jumping on hilda's bed.

Luke:" hilda, hilda! Up up up!"

Hilda awoke with a small jolt, the noise awaking twig the little deer fox. Upon seeing who woke her, she instantly smiled at the child sitting on her bed.

Luke had long black  hair, which due to his age only reached down to his shoulders. The Surprising features were his red eyes, and his near pale white skin.

Hilda giggled before ruffling, Luke's hair.

Hilda:" hello luke! What are you up to this early?"

"Mama sent me to wake you up! hilda upies!"

Upies were Luke's way of mentioning he wanted to be picked up, with a yawn and a stretch hilda climbed out of bed before allowing luke to leap into her arms.

Hilda:" how come you always like it when I pick you up, what about mom?"

Luke's head tilted, before he replied.

Luke:" i like when mama holds me, but i like playing with hilda and twiggy more!"

KalobBurnett2000