-1-

/ Athanasia Tom Lestrange /

Bellatrix Lestrange gave birth in Azkaban!

- An officer came to check on the criminals when he found Bellatrix Lestrange holding a child -

"What are we gonna do Lucius?" Asked his wife who beckoned to the newspaper on the table.

They had just found out that Narcissa's sister was pregnant, and had a child while in prison. Worry drew on their face's. The best outcome would be for Rodolphus to claim her.

"Does he know?" Lucius questioned.

His wife was quiet, she also didn't know ", We should speak with him then, he's the father-"

Was he the father? That question circled on her mind. It was widely known at the time that Bella and Rodolphus had an arranged marriage, there was no love. Bella loved her master, who at the time and still is, he-who-shall-not-be-named.

"- Rodolphus isn't the father..." Narcissa stated with uncertainty.

Lucius looked at her with confusion until with a sudden realization did he slightly gasp ", Are you saying Bella and lord Volde"

She nodded slowly ", its a possibility"

"But why would the dark lord need to have a child. Isn't the point of his 'immortality' to forever be ruler? He wouldn't need an heir." Lucius put a finger to his chin, thinking deeply ", He was born through an amortentia, he couldn't love Bella if he forced himself too."

"Unless the child wasn't for his own sake, what if Bella wanted that child? And since he favored her he gave her a reward?" She suggested.

Lucius shrugged ", Neverminded the reason as to why your sister had a child or who on Earth the true father is. The question is will they give the child to Rodolphus or if they decide to raise the child themselves."

"No," Narcissa disagreed ", This child is my sisters, she's our niece. If they do decide to raise her try to petition to be the guardian. Were the closest relatives other than Rodolphus."

Lucius thought about it, he just recently convinced the ministry he was under the imperious curse and therefore practically betrayed Voldemort. Would he want to get connected to his previous leader again? Would he want to endanger his family by being involved?

Finally he made a decision.

-----

A week later the ministry made a final decision. Lucius petitioning for Rodolphus to be the guardian; the child would be given to Rodolphus Lestrange, the 'rightful' father.

Rodolphus had been contacted and would retrieve his child in three days time. The pureblood child would be celebrated in the aristocratic society as a symbol of " New Beginnings" to those who were relieved from the war.

The Malfoys celebrated for having a niece and Rodolphus couldn't care less.

-----

Kingsley Shacklebolt the current prime minister of magic held the child in front of Rodolphus while surrounded by other aurors.

"Rodolphus Lestrange, you are entrusted to take care of your child. We hope for this child to grow in the bright light that you will help her find," Kingsley stated handing the baby to him.

The baby was however taken by the house-elf who stood beside Rodolphus. A frown clear on Kingsley's face and judgmental faces on the others.

"This is where we part ways Mr. Prime minister, till then." Rodolphus bid farewell to them while walking to the fire places.

"Are you sure about this sir?"

"What if he uses the child for the dark?"

"We aren't even sure if hes the father!"

Kingsley took in a deep breath ", While all your statements are true the only fact is the first thing she's heard since birth were the screams of others while being held by her mother. We neglected to check up on Azkaban, her birth was too our mistake. Truly she should stayed with us, however, she's still a child. We have no right to take her from her closest possible blood relative. If we were to take her in, we should have also taken in Potter."

He sighed ", Let us hope Rodolphus truly was under the imperious curse, and grows to care for his child in the meantime."