-2-

-Thats Rudolphus-

-Thats Rudolphus-

" Bring her to her room "

The house elf nodded and carried the child though long halls that stretched miles. Finally the house elf reached two huge doors.  She opened the doors entering a mix of black and shades of white. She went towards the corner of the room towards the simple wooden crib. She layed the baby down on the bed letting it rest.

The past week the house elves have been taking care of the baby, Rudolphus never once checking on her.

"Are you gonna visit her master?" Asked Poppy.

There had been a recent assassination attempt on Athanasia Tom Lestrange the other night. The elves rushed her out to safety while Rudolphus handled the matter. After the incident he hired guards around her room and an actual nanny. However he still didn't once check up on her.

Rudolphus stayed quiet, ignoring the house elf continuing his work on the desk.

Poppy, the house elf was (before) in charge of taking care of Athanasia. Truth be told, she had grown attached in that short week. Poppy had wanted the best for Athanasia, she wanted her to at least meet her father properly. So she spoke ", The nanny said it would be healthy for her to meet her father at least once-" Poppy lied. However Rudolphus cut her off.

"I never told you to open your mouth, Poppy. Now leave." He ordered.

She held her tongue and left the room without saying another word.

When she left Rudolphus sighed and slammed his his fists in the desk angrily.

"AGH!" He growled ", It's not even my child." he admitted disgusted.

———

One night*

"Agh! Mmph! M-My lord"

He silenced the sounds of his wife's pleasure and continued walking. He didn't dare to stop and open the door. He already knew he just couldn't understand why. He never loved her, he didn't care that she had an affair with his master. So he didn't understand why tears fell from his eyes, why he felt his heart crack.

However there was nothing he could do. He shut out his feelings and continued walking.

———

Maybe he was drunk, maybe he was be-witched, maybe was under an imperious curse, whatever it was he walked his way through the halls. Passing by each curtain closed window causing him to walk in complete darkness. Yet he knew exactly where to go.

He entered her room closing the doors behind him. His steps were silent as he walked towards her crib. He hovered over her casting a shadow over her.

He looked at her features. She had grown straight hair and inherited pale white skin, she looked nothing like him. " You didn't take a single one of your mothers features." He said bitterly.

He took out his wand and pointed it to her neck. He watched as the startled baby slowly started to open her dark blue eyes. Curious, he let his wand stay on her neck for a while. Athanasia couldn't see anything. Feeling the cold point of the wand on her neck she grabbed the tip with her tiny hands.

"Two words and a few lies would be all it took to get rid of you," he whispered.

Hearing a soft voice made her comfortable ", pff pwo nsnsss~" she babbled.

"Two words..." it was barely a whisper.

He took his wand away and placed a hand on her fore head. It was soft, she was just a baby. When did that ever stop him in the war. However Athanasia grabbed his pinkey much to his surprise and she tried to eat it. He stood there amused as she tried bitting his finger.

He'd left that night, deciding to get rid of her some other day or night. Just not... now.

His visits lasted from once a week, to every other day, to every day...