1. Meet

Hunters pov
________

     I'll admit it, I was nervous. Today is my first day at hexside. Since leaving the Emperor's Coven, Eda has taken me in to live with her, Luz, King, and Hooty. Here I was, standing in front of hexside in Luz's old potions track uniform. I finally work up the courage to walk in.
     There are high white ceilings and lockers that have monster faces in them. I look at my schedule. 1st block I have potions class (duh) in room 302. I make my way there and walk in.
     Our teacher, a dude with dark grey skin, a roughly rectangular face with two eyeballs stacked vertically look up at me. Me says, "I must introduce our new student. This is Hunter, and it is his first year at hexside. You may take a seat in the back."
     I can feel all the eyes in me and my face starts to get hot from embarrassment. I sit in my chair and try to follow the directions that the teacher is giving us, but I get bored. I start touching the test tubes full of colorful liquids and pour them in to the small pot in front of me. Nothing happens at first, but then I see my concoction start to bubble. It explodes in a swirl of grey smoke. When the smoke clears, my teacher is standing in front of me with an angry look on his face.
     "Out. Now," he says, pointing a finger forwards the door.
     I can't believe that I managed to get kicked out of class in the first 15 minutes of school. With a sigh I pack my things and walk out the door. What now? Should I go back to the Owl House. Eda would probably be proud of me for getting kicked out.
     I start to walk to the exit when something catches my eye. Someone with green hair who looked to be about my age was sprinting in the hallway, as if running away from something. He notices me.
     "Why are you out of class blondie? Are you skipping?" He says. I purposely roll my eyes. "One, my name isn't blondie, it's Hunter and two, I got kicked out of class so I'm here," I say.
"Hmm," he replies, "It's your first day here and you already got kicked out? Oof. Kinda impressive though."
     I feel my cheeks start to flush at his abstract complement. "Well I should be going," I say, and start to walk out the door.
     "Wait," he says, "keep me company for a few." I nod my head. "You never told me your name," I say. "Oh yeah sorry. The names Edric," he tells me, extending his hand towards mine to shake it.
     I shake his hand, and the contact feels weird. Maybe it was just Edric, but I started to get butterflies. I pull me hand away.
     The bell rings, implying that 1st block is over.
     "We'll bye I guess," I say. "Bye blondie," he replies. We separate, going opposite directions to our best classes.

___________________________

Words: 531
Hope you guys enjoy this! I will try to be posting every other day, if not more than that!