Back to Normal... right?

Melanie's P.O.V

I felt my chest a bit lighter now. Why did it matter so much? Maybe simply that I cared to much on people's opinion, a bad trait of mine which I need to overcome.

August leaned into my side as we watched the boys ran around the playground. Miles of course ditched us to flirt with a boy this time.... what a fucking simp! I leaned into August as well, leaning closer to his ear.

"You know it's been a while since it was just the two of us.... alone..?" I leaned back a bit noticing he ears tinted red. He coughed lightly into his fist.

"Yes... it has.... how do you feel though?" He looked up at me searching my face for a reaction. But I kept it pretty neutral. "Better..... your right you know?" He raised a brow.

"I've been so caught up on the past. Something I can't change, because I don't want to forget her or why I'm who I am now..." I leaned back letting out a sigh.

"I'm tired of blaming myself and falling deeper into despair.... Let's move on and go back to our little agreement..." I shrugged my shoulders, waiting for August to reply.

He didn't reply for a while so I turned to look at him. He was biting his lip with his brows furrowed. I reached out grabbing his chin, pulling his lip away from his teeth.

"What's wrong cutie?" He looked into my eyes, his green eyes seemed dull a bit, they held uncertainty?

"I- um.... Return to normal?" I leaned back confused by what he meant. "Friends with benefits? That's what we are, right?" He looked away from me.

"Right.... your special little friend.... I kinds forgot about all that for a minute..." He let out a dry chuckle leaning away from me. "August? What's wrong?" He shook his head giving me a wary smile.

"Nothing.... just out of it a bit.... it's to early for this..." my brows furrowed. He didn't seem to be telling the truth but what right do I have to tell him otherwise, no strings attached that's the way this works. I don't date. Not since back then....

~~~~

August's P.O.V

"When there's other people around
You never wanna kiss me
You tell me it's too late to hang out
And you say you miss me
And I loved you from the start

So it breaks my heart
When you say I'm just a friend to you

Cause friends don't do the things we do
Everybody knows you love me too
Tryna be careful with the words I use
I say it cause I'm dying to
I'm so much more than just a friend to you"

Very fitting. Meghan Trainor's song 'Just a friend to you' played loudly through my ear buds. While I gripped at the plush we got from our fair date. I noticed things were changing. At least from my side, I started falling in love with her. Why?

Because she's bold, caring, sassy and even brave. Even if she didn't see herself as brave she is, she's willing to get hurt to help others and easily take the blame for things for others.

The next song played 'love you like a love song' Selena Gomez.... as the song continued for a bit my phone rung. I picked it up. Casey.

"August! Prick it's been a long time! How have you been?" I stayed silent unsure of how to answer her. I'm conflicted.

"August? You ok?" No......

"Casey..... I've fallen in love with her..... I couldn't stop it from happening. I foolishly thought things were changing between us! But it's a no strings attached agreement right? Right!?" I broke down slowly. Casey stayed silent.

"Sure we had sex... that's what it's supposed to be but, that date, those nights just holding on to each other and sharing secrets you would tell a lover.... I was a fool right Casey?" She let out a breath

"No... your just someone in love.... with someone who isn't going to return them.... I'm coming over! Your not going to be alone during this! See you in 10!" She hung up while I leaned back against my bed. Letting my emotions spill out, I hated this side of me. Aren't boy's supposed to be strong or is that just how people say they should be as boy's.

"Augie?" I looked over to the door seeing Calum there. We said nothing to each other as he raced over and climbed on the bed as he gave me a big hug.

"Don't worry Augie everything is going to be ok! I'm here and I'll protect you!" I laughed softly pulling him closer against me "Thanks bud..."

I've fallen in love with the schools bad girl, Melanie Moreno of the snakes. Someone I can't have as all we have between us is simply sex with no strings attached.