A terrible mistake

It is the evening of the awards ceremony at The Sapphire Plaza. Gon and Killua are getting ready. They dress up in their suits. Gon is in the bathroom, combing his hair. Killua is securing his tie.

"Hey, so big night for Kurapika, huh?" asks Gon.
"Yep." answers Killua.
Killua is deep in thought. He is wondering how Sora is going to pull off this night.

They meet Kaiya at the train station and the three of them ride to the city together.

"You look really beautiful." Killua says to Kaiya.
"Thank you. You look nice, too." says Kaiya.

Kaiya is dressed up in a black gothic-style multi-layered mesh slip dress. She is wearing black high heeled boots.

Sora waits for Gon in front of The Sapphire Plaza. She is dressed up in an emerald satin spaghetti strap evening gown. She is wearing matching heels. Her hair is styled down with one eye covered. She smiles at Gon with her red lips when she sees him. Gon wraps his arms around Sora's waist and they walk inside of the hotel alongside Killua and Kaiya.

The hotel is beautifully decorated for the awards ceremony. They walk past a huge ice sculpture of a dolphin before entering the big ballroom. The room is set up with a hundred round tables. In the center of the stage sits a podium and microphone. Behind the podium is a large projector screen.

Kurapika, Leorio, and Kohana are already sitting at a reserved table directly in front of the stage. Leorio notices when Gon and Killua enter the room.

"Gon! Killua! Over here!" Leorio yells out while standing up and waving.

Gon, Killua, and Sora notice Leorio and walk over to their table. Kurapika and Kohana stand up when they see them approaching.

Kurapika and Leorio are dressed up in their best suits. Kohana is dressed in a red tulle dress with cap sleeves and matching high heels. Her hair is styled in a half up half down updo.

Everyone greets each other as they take their seats. Kurapika's forehead is sweating. Kohana notices and places her hand on his knee.

"Don't worry, darling. Everyone is going to love your speech." she says to Kurapika.

Kurapika isn't at all nervous about his speech. He is anxious about his marriage proposal later in the evening.

Sora is searching around the room. Killua notices.

I know who you are looking for.

The ceremony is about to begin. The room darkens as everyone turns to face the host of the awards ceremony.

Multiple awards are given before it is Kurapika's turn. Everyone claps after the recipient before Kurapika finishes his speech. The projector screen changes to say, "Best Hunter Award, Kurapika Kurta." Kurapika walks up to accept his award and gives his speech. When he is finished, his friends stand up to clap loudly. Kohana gives Kurapika a kiss before he sits back down. He has a big smile on his face. He suddenly feels confident that Kohana will say yes to his proposal.

Sora gets up.

"Excuse me. I'm going to the lady's room." says Sora.

Two other recipients receive awards. Sora has been gone for almost thirty minutes. Gon stands up.

"I'm going to check on Sora," says Gon.

Another twenty minutes pass. The ceremony is almost over. A minute later, Gon comes back to the table. He has a shocked look on his face. He sits down and places his hand over his heart. Tears start to fill his eyes. Kaiya notices before Killua.