𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 9

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I stood on the balcony connected to my hotel room, watching as the sun began to rise. For once in my life, I felt as if I was utterly alone. I wanted to scream, let the whole world know that my heart was aching.

I love Elijah, and I always will. That's what happens when you're married to someone for over a millennium. But I know my worth. I know that if I didn't end things then and there, it would just get worse.

My phone had been buzzing non stop for the last seven hours. I officially had fifty-seven missed calls, and seventy-three unread messages from Elijah. After the five calls, I turned his contact onto mute. There was no way he had an answer already.

All of a sudden my phone began its insistent buzzing from the bed again. I angrily rushed over to my bed, thinking that Elijah had found another way to call me. I picked up the phone, only to see Klaus's name appear on the screen.

"Rosalie!" Elijah's voice boomed through the phone. "Oh, so now your stealing your brothers phone to try and get my attention." I hissed.

The sound of footsteps crunching on leaves was heard from the background of the call. "It's Hayley." he panted, concern laced his voice. "The audacity you have to call me about Hayley." I snickered, pressing my back against the door, sliding down to the ground.

"She's been kidnapped. I went on a walk after our... argument, and when I came back, she was gone." he explained. "And why should I care-"

"She is pregnant with our niece!" he snapped, before pausing to calm down. "Look, whatever is going on with our marriage at the moment, I know for a fact you care about that child she is carrying."

He was right. I do care about that child. And I will make sure nothing comes in harm's way to hurt it. "Do you have any clues to where she possibly is?" I sighed, pushing the phone against my shoulder as I fidgeted with the hem of my skirt.

"I and Niklaus paid a visit to Marcellus earlier. He forced one of the witches to do a locator spell using Niklaus blood. The closest location we could get was the bayou." He explained.

Letting out a loud sigh, I agreed to meet them in the bayou.

To save the woman my husband loves.

————

"Why are you wearing those shoes? We are in a bloody swamp, Elijah." I knew why he was wearing them, I just felt the need to piss him off. "Same reason you're wearing six inch heels, Rosalie." I looked down at my feet, realising that I was in fact wearing 6 inch heels.

"I wanted to feel tall." I retorted, trying to win whatever this was. "you're naturally 5'8ft." he reminded me, speeding up his pace.

"You seem quite determined to find the little wolf." Klaus interrupted, throwing his arm over my shoulder. "I wonder how Rosie over here feels about that." I rolled my eyes at his need to cause drama.

"If I'm moving too fast for you, Niklaus, you're welcome to wait in the car. Do be certain to leave the windows down." Elijah averted the conversation. I bit my upper lip in an attempt to hold back my laugh.

"Ah, so I've touched a nerve? You've begun to admire this girl. Perhaps that's why you've been barking orders since your return, hoping to impress Hayley by assuming the role of the family patriarch. God, I wonder how your wife feels. Would you like to comment on the situation, Rosie?"

"Mm, yes well I wasn't too keen on the situation at first, but hey, maybe I and Elijah need a break. Just be careful when knocking up someone you love next time, otherwise, you'll be fighting with Elijah for her love." A sarcastic smile found it's way to my face as a I spoke.

"Very funny, Rose." Emotion lacked in his voice. "If you're going to insist on treating her like a walking incubator, then that's your mistake." He was walking at least five meters in front of us, clearly annoyed by our antics.

All of a sudden klaus took a sharp halt, sniffing the air. "Ew, I forgot you were a dog." I disgustingly shrugged his arm off my shoulder. "Have you found her scent?" Elijah questioned, turning around to face us.

"No, but I found someone else's." he sped off towards a blue truck, silently instructing us to follow. "This vehicle reeks of someone I thought I was rid of...Tyler Lockwood." he growled, throwing out all of Tylers belongings.

He slammed the door shut, pacing back and forward. "And why would your little hybrid-sidekick from Mystic Falls have any interest in Hayley?" Elijah spoke up, watching his brother mildly panic.

"He wants revenge because I went after his girl." He sighed. "Of course you did." I muttered under my breath.

"Why do I suspect this is the least of your offences?" Elijah speculated, knowing that there was a lot more to this story. "Back when I had the means to sire hybrids, he was my first, Although, I didn't give him much choice in the matter." Klaus smirked as he told his story, obviously very proud of his evil stunt.

He jumped onto the back of the truck, grabbing a blanket, and raising it to his nose. "He was loyal in the beginning, but he grew insubordinate, turned my other hybrids against me. I couldn't have that, so I massacred the lot of them. Tyler ran like a coward before I could finish him off."

"Anything else that you would like to share?" Elijah asked, stepping towards klaus until they were merely a few centimetres apart.

"Well, there was this business with his mum." Klaus smirked. "You killed his mother. Wonderful." I scoffed, turning around to search for any more clues to where Tyler could have taken Hayley.

I ignored the two brothers as they carried on arguing until a part of the conversation intrigued me "So you do care about her. Well, go on, then. Have at it, brother. Save her. Claim what spoils you can. I've sampled what she has to offer and let me tell you, she is exquisite-" Klaus provoked.

It was easier acting as if the entire Hayley situation didn't hurt. The jokes and lack of emotion was a way of hiding how vulnerable I actually was right now.

"Enough. I'll kill Tyler Lockwood myself." Klaus replied to whatever Elijah had said. Within a blink of an eye, Klaus sped away, leaving me and Elijah alone.

————

Hey xx

Hella short, but oh well.

Love you all