Kiss of fire

inspired by the song Kiss of fire by woodz

*not proofread, feel free to point out any mistakes*

I never experienced what effect alcohol had on you until that night. That one night when happened everything and nothing at the same time. That one night when I felt like the world did not matter as long as I had held your hand.

It all started with a little crazy friend, bottles of spirits lined on the wooden table along with you always by my side. Sitting on the floor, sipping the sweet liquor from not such fancy glasses, feeling like we own the world. We all felt light headed, nothing else mattered because we had each other and glasses of cocktails on the kitchen counter.

You were always hugging me tight and I clung to you because I felt safe in your embrace. As we laid down, facing each other I couldn't stop thinking about how would it be to feel those plump lips of yours, although I was pushing the thought at the back of my mind, because I was too scared to tell you my sinful thoughts. You were asking me what was I thinking about. I kept shaking my head as if it was nothing. I had not drunk enough yet to just blame it on the alcohol.

The bottles got emptier as time passed, so did my brain. I got used to the burning warmth of alcohol in my throat. Suddenly everything apart from that moment felt so irrelevant. You kept hugging me and I let you. We got this idea to go for a walk in the middle of the night, as drunk as we were. We both waited for the others outside on the narrow street. You pulled me into your warm embrace once again, asking me what was I thinking about again. This time the alcohol was already running through my veins, so I whispered quietly, "I like you." At that moment I didn't care if you liked me back, I didn't care if I had just ruined our friendship. However your answer was: "I think I like you too." I would have never imagined you liked me back, since you said you liked boys, yet you told me you might like me. I wanted to kiss you so bad but you whispered to wait. I did. The others came outside too, then we went to the little park. You held my hand and we ran away together, to a place where there couldn't see us. You looked at me in the eyes. You told me you were confused. You told me that you wanted to kiss me since the night of my birthday, but you were afraid it would ruin our friendship. You asked me if you can kiss me and I just nodded, I did not trust my voice. The moment our lips touched my whole world collapsed. It didn't feel quite real, but oh god it was. And it felt good. Even too good. However, as they say, the forbidden things are always the sweetest. When we broke apart I just looked right into your round eyes and smiled widely. The thing I dreamt about happened, finally. I got my kiss of fire.