moonlit

Two girls were sitting on a rooftop in silence, while the calm spring breeze was ruffling their hair. "Swimming was never an obligation for me, not really. Water just seems to calm me down every time. Sometimes I go swimming even if I don't have practice, just because it feels good to swim until my muscles ache and my skin starts to crinkle. It's a way to relieve stress, to let my emotions flow openly in the water. Because water doesn't judge, it just silently listens and comforts you with its waves." "I feel like you might be a water witch," Mirai said seriously, while the blondie silently chuckled. "Sure, except I don't live in a book, remember?" "Why do you have to be so serious all the time. Just pretend you are in a book for a second. That you can talk to water, breath under its surface, tell it what to do. Isn't it beautiful?" "Surely it is, but the more you dream, the more disappointed you are with the real world because it can't be like the one in your dreams." "Let yourself dream Ash. Just for a second. For me." She then turned left to face her friend. "You see, I can totally imagine you standing on a beach in a flowy blue dress, illuminated by moonlight, while playing around with water, commanding it with your hands. What do you imagine me as?" Ashley finally let it go. She allowed her mind to wander to places, locked so far away from reality they were almost hard to reach, yet so close to her heart, a wave of nostalgia and sweetness spawned over her. She looked at Mirai beside her, looking at her with hopeful eyes. With the pale moonlight illuminating her soft features she looked as if she was made out of pure magic. "Earth witch," she whispered, afraid that the charm would fade away if she spoke too loudly. "Walking barefoot through a flower field, while the sun plays a game of shadows with you. The trees around you ruffling your hair with their branches, leaving some leaves in your hair. The nature whispering the world's secrets in a language so tender only you can understand." In any other case, she would be afraid by how vivid the image inside her head was, how effortlessly words rolled from her tongue. Nonetheless, the feeling of magic in the air, the girl curled up at her side and the silent lullaby the stars sang, filled her chest with warmth instead of fear. 

... a short oneshot i felt was cute. part of a story i will probably never finish. i wanted to share it nontheless, because i like its vibes