Part 7 | Love is Love

Na Jaemin pull the brake of his car and rest his head in the palm of his hand while waiting for the green light. On the other hand, Park Jisung, his sister's son sit right next to him in a passenger seat humming to the song that plays on the radio.

Na Jaemin picked him up at school because his parents were just come back from their business trip. They wanted Park Jisung to come home early so that they could prepare their family meetings immediately. Park Jisung hated it so much when it comes to business talks. He knows nothing about business but his parents relied on him when he knew that he needed to finish his school first before he gets to jump into his parents work. Actually, Park Jisung doesn't want all of this. He wanted to be an architect in his life, but alas business runs into his families.

"Hey, how did they kicked you out?"

Na Jaemin turns his gaze from a window to his nephew in a second. He let out a chuckles to him.

"It's alright, you're gonna end up like me anyway."
"Yeah, I know. But I wanted it to be sooner."
"No, you have to please them first."
"Well, I don't want that."
"You never had a chance to say no. Even Haerin was on my Dad's side."

Park Jisung loosening his position in a passenger seat and sigh to his response.

"I never liked my Mother when it comes to her plans."
"Yeah, I don't like her too, kid."
"Tsk, don't call me kid. I'm turning 20 soon."
"Yeah, but you're still my little nephew."
"I'm not a little kid anymore."
"So, what? You're a big kid now?"
"Will you please stop calling me kid?"
"Then what should I call you?"
"Shut up, just focus on driving now!"

Na Jaemin laugh after he teased his nephew and begin to drive again as soon as the green light appeared. However, Park Jisung is still mad because of his Mother's plan. He never knew that he will be taking care of his parents company as soon as he graduate from school. He knows that his parents wanted to keep their family's business but that doesn't mean he can't have his own choice in his life. He guesses he had to keep his dream as a secret and not letting anyone knows except for him and Ms. Kim.

Speaking of Ms. Kim, how the hell does Samchon know Ms. Kim?

"Samchon, you seems so close to Ms. Kim?"

Park Jisung asks Na Jaemin blantly and only to make Na Jaemin widen his eyes.

"Uhm... Really? I—I mean... Yeah, we've met before."
"Well, how did you meet her?"
"What? Do I have to answer?"
"Well, yeah of course! I mean, she's been staring at your ass since you came and talk to me in the class this morning."
"She's been wha— Oh my God! Jisung?!"

Na Jaemin can't help but blushing while his mind becomes blank because he doesn't know how to respond his nephew.

"So it's true, right? You had an affair with my teacher?" Park Jisung fold his legs in and grinning at him.

"W—What do you mean? No, we're not a thing... yet."

Park Jisung nodded and smile to his uncle. He could clearly see that his uncle is panicking because of his words. But Park Jisung believed on what he saw this morning.

"No, it's alright. I'm close with Ms. Kim. You can always count me in."
"Jisung... Please, don't get me wrong. I... I mean, I'm not planning to do anything further with her. Not this time."
"Don't lie. Come on, Samchon! I saw you looking at her like she's one of your favorite prey!"
"God, who taught you talking like that?!"
"I saw everything, Samchon. I'm speaking the truth."

Na Jaemin swallows hard and rub his forehead. He could feel his cold sweats running to his temple due to his nervousness. He can't believe his nephew saw everything and find out that he had a thing for his teacher.

And an ass? She's been staring at my ass? Come on, Grace. Not in school!

"It's fine Samchon, whether you want to do it or not, I will always support you no matter what. I mean, Ms. Kim is still single and seems like she never had a date before. As far as I know, Ms. Kim is close to Mr. Moon, a principal in my school but yeah, they're nothing but a colleagues. Oh, 12th grader are drooling over her. Guys and girls."

"Girls too?"
"It's 21st century Samchon, be gay."

Na Jaemin laughed. His nephew was right, he shouldn't have asked about it again.

"What about you? Aren't you the same as your friends?"
"What? Having feelings for Ms. Kim?"

Na Jaemin nodded and Park Jisung quickly shake his head as his response.

"I rather it be guys."
"Huh?... What do you mean 'guys', Jisung?"
"You kno—"
"W—Wait, did you just...? Come ou—"
"As a bi? Or gay? I dont know if I'm bi or gay or even straight... I'm—It's just, it's kinda frustrating you know? Finding out what you like? I don't know, I like this boy like... a lot. But yeah, I thought it was just kind of feelings because we're friends before... But I, uh don't feel that way. I'm—"
"Hey, buddy. Take your time... It's alright. You've been figuring that out..."

Park Jisung remains silent, biting his fingernails, spacing out. His heart is beating fast and thinking about the people who hates him for being homosexual.

"Y—You don't hate me?"
"Why would I hate you? You want me to be a homophobe?"
"No... No, Samchon."

Na Jaemin smile to Jisung and begin to slow down his car. He park his car right in front of the front yard of his parents house. He unlock his seatbelt and Jisung is doing the same as him.

Park Jisung sighs knowing that he accidentally come out to his uncle. He never knew that it would come out so easily when he talk to a person who treats his sexuality equally. But he remember, not every person here are open minded like his uncle, not even his classmates or his own family.

"Jisung, trust me, you're still Jisung even if you're... gay or not. Don't let anybody brings you down just because you're different from them. No one asked for their opinion about you. You do you, Jisung. You deserves love."
"Thanks, Samchon. It meant... a lot."
"Okay, let's go! We need to get hurry before they fill our notification up!"

Park Jisung let out a chuckles and open the door of Na Jaemin's car. He exhaled deeply and starts walking side by side with Na Jaemin to enter the house.

***