What If...Eda wasn't Cursed? Part Two

Luz and Camila followed the witch through the streets of the unfamiliar town. "I hope my sister knows what she's doing." Eda grumbled, and a distant explosion went off, startling the group. "Nevermind." Eda stopped at a library, and pulled one of the employees aside. "Amity, I need you and Willow to take these humans back to the Owl House. I need to help my sister perform a jailbreak."

"A what??!" Camila said, but Eda had already run off. "She was kidding, right?" Luz asked the young, brown-haired witch. "Judging by the explosions, probably not. Willow!" A green-haired with wearing glasses walked around the corner. "What's wrong, Ami-Oh! Humans!" Amity nodded. "Eda wants us to take them to the Owl House."

At the Owl House, the two witches and two humans were waiting for Eda and Lilith to arrive. Amity had stated, "Eda will explain everything to you once she's back." After a few more minutes, the door burst open, and Eda walked in with a pale, raven-haired with. "Alright. Humans, this is my sister Lilith. Lilith, these are those humans I told you about." Camila stood up from the couch. "I'm Camila Noceda, and this is my daughter Luz. Now, can someone please explain the jailbreak?"

After listening to their story, Camila shuffled her feet. "So, you two are leading a rebellion against this Emperor Belos, because he wants to destroy wild magic and lock up anyone who's deemed 'unfit' for society?" Eda nodded. "Yeah, that's pretty much it." Lilith sipped some tea. "I work as a double agent. The Emperor thinks I'm spying for him, but I'm really not."

Camila noticed Luz bouncing her leg, eyes shining. She sighed, already knowing what Luz was wanting to ask. "Luz.... as long as you can stay out of danger, I don't have a problem with you learning magic." Luz jumped up and hugged her mother. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I promise, I'll stay out of trouble as much as possible!" Amity, Willow, and Gus came up behind her, carrying dinner. "And we'll be sure to help her get out of any trouble she does get into." Amity said, setting the plates down on the coffee table.

Luz spent the next week studying magic, attempting to perform it herself. The big breakthrough came when she accidentally paused her video about Eda's teaching to see the glyph. After that, she went around recording the different spells, in order to get their glyphs. Within days, she'd learned basically every magic, just by using glyphs. Gus helped when he could, while Amity and Willow tended to be very proactive in the revolution, by secretly inputting special commands into the Abomitons Amity's parents were making for the Emperor.

Camila herself got to know the other adults of The Owl House: Eda and Lilith, yes; but also Alador Blight, Raine Whispers(Eda's fiancée), and Bump; the principal of the local High School. Camila became fast friends with Lilith, often swapping stories about Earth and the Boiling Isles. However....

At the Emperor's castle, Lilith was kneeling before the Emperor. "Lilith, do you know why I called you here?" Lilith shook her head. "No, but I assume it has to do with my duties in infiltrating the rebels?" Belos chuckled: a dry, humorless chuckle that made Lilith's skin crawl. "It's more than that. You have failed to report on the exact location of the rebel's main base, despite it being led by your own sister, you fail to report the bigger plan, despite hinting at it enormity, you do not give me names of collaborators, and..." He said, standing up and showing a photo where Lilith's face is half-exposed during a jailbreak. "You seem to have forgotten to mention this incident." 

A smile formed on Lilith's face as she stood up. "I will never betray my sister, or my fellow revolutionaries. Our loyalty is to the people of the island. Where is yours?" Belos stood still for a moment, before backhanding her. "You will be punished for your insolence against the Titan's will." He said coldly, before snapping his fingers. Lilith's coven mark glowed, and she screamed in pain as tendrils of light began wrapping around her.

That evening, Emperor Belos made the announcement. "Lilith Clawthorne, for her betrayal against the Titan's wishes, shall be turned to stone tomorrow at sunrise. let it be a lesson to all who oppose me... and the Titan." He stated, before the broadcast shut off. People spoke about it in the streets, wondering what the Rebels would do.

Camila and Eda were distraught. Both of them were ready to march to the castle and rescue her, but were stopped by the children. "What good will it do if you rush in there without a plan? You'll just get captured to, and then..." Luz couldn't finish. As much as she hated it, there didn't seem like a way to save Lilith. Then, Raine spoke up.

"Eda. Do you remember telling me about that one human you met years ago, at...what was it... Las Vegas?" Eda balked at the words. "No. No no no no no. Absolutely not, Raine." She said, facing him. "He got up off the couch, and faced her. "Let's face it, Eda. We need his help." Amity looked between the two of them. "What are you two talking about?" She asked.

Eda was clearly struggling over a decision, before finally sighing, her shoulder slumping. "I can't believe I'm about to do this," She said, taking Luz's phone and opening the portal door, stepping just outside. The others heard her dialing a number, and a ringtone, before Eda spoke.

"I need to speak to Stan Pines."