Spiritual Beasts: Beginnings Episode 1 Act 2: Missing?

Folklore University
August 21st, 2020

     Raleigh was walking through the hallways of the university. He had gotten out of his mythology class. He sighed as he saw the bulletin board.

"Where is that writing idiot? He has been gone for three days now. I am starting to be worried."

     This young man was talking about Haluk, the vice president of the writing club. His friend had been gone for three days after exploring the ruins. No one knew where he was. Did he get lost in the ruins or did they collapse on him? Raleigh didn't know. He decided to go to the person who sent Haluk there in the first place.

"Timothy. You dumbass. Where is he?"

     Raleigh then picked Timothy up by the shirt neck, slamming him into the wall when they were in private.

"A-Ah! Raleigh, uh..-"

"Cut the bullshit and answer my damn question. I know you sent him to those ruins. Can you give me the map?"

     Timothy choked a bit. He was shocked that the seemingly quiet, loner man would be this mad. He then grinned.

"Heh. Why should I? The vice president was always a better writer than me. Give me one reason why I should say someth-"

     Raleigh had enough as he just snatched the map. He growled as he looked down on Timothy.

"I have no idea what is wrong with you, but I am finding my friend and getting answers. Bye."

     The president watched on as Raleigh walked away. He wondered why the aloof man was so upset.

Flashback
May 29th, 2011

"Wow, Haluk! Your writing is getting really good now!"

"Thanks Raleigh. It's nice to see your very rare smile."

     It was in the summer of 2011. Two young boys, one in his junior year and one in his sophomore year, were hanging out with each other. The young Raleigh had a man bun in a very formal outfit. The outfit contained a vest, button up shirt, and jeans with a belt. While the young Haluk had a more casual look, with just his brown hair down. He had a red hoodie with a Shinkenger logo on it.

"You know, I will be moving. My parents call it business."

   Raleigh frowned as he talked about this to his closest friend. Haluk was the only one who truly got him and listened to his words. Listened to his rants and put up with his coldness.

"I know, but you know what? I will be the greatest writer! Try to get into the same university as me so we can work together!"

     Haluk ran to Raleigh, holding both of his hands. His eyes lit up with joy. The male truly thought the two could be a great team. The blonde boy flushed up, his cheeks turning pink as he turned away.

"...I...I promise that the two of us will be there for each other. For as long as we live."

Present Day
At The Ruins
    Raleigh rushed to the ruins. He looked closely at the map. He nodded as he looked down and up from the map. This was the ruins. He began to look around for his friend. Every direction. Every possible dangerous area. Every corner.

     He then saw a young woman and his eyes widened. He shouted towards her.

"TANITH! What are you doing here? It's dangerous here!"

     The young woman, who was called Tanith, looked down at the panicked young man. She rolled her eyes as she jumped down from the ledge.

"Relax, uptight blondie. I'm just looking for the vice president. The one from the writing club. I saw him here a few days ago and haven't seen him since."

     The young man sighed and crossed his arms as he glared at her.

"You. Me. We are looking for Haluk. Then we are getting out of here."

"Because of your little boy crush on him?"

     Raleigh flushed up and looked away, beginning to stomp off.

"C-Come on! Let's just go!"

    Safe to say, the poor man was more flustered than a person who got walked in on going to the bathroom. Tanith laughed and followed him. They looked around, calling for Haluk.

    As they walked, they walked on to some sort of patch of loose dirt. During the three days, it had rained. So when they stepped on it, they quickly began to sink.

   Raleigh knew to stay perfectly still. However, Tanith was struggling. She felt her life was in danger. Both of their attempts weren't really helping. The mud kept its steady pace weirdly enough. It didn't go faster or slower. When they both held their breath, they went under. However, there was no mud at the bottom. They had found some sort of secret entrance to an underground room.

"Ugh...where are we, myth guy?"

"I have no clue. And do not call me that."

    Raleigh got up first and began to look around. He then saw a tunnel and ran straight through. Maybe Haluk was trapped down here! However, he saw something strange.

"Hey...come look at this!"

    Tanith came over. In front of the two of them were four stands. The stands were red, blue, yellow, and green. However, only the blue, yellow, and green had crystals. Where was the red crystal?

"...That idiot must have been here."

     Raleigh muttered before holding his hand out towards the crystal. He was going to try to pick one up to observe it. However, the crystal had other plans. It latched onto the male's hair. It was now in the form of a hair band.

"Ugh, what the? What did...that crystal do to me?"

     Tanith began to look more excited than concerned. She reached over to the blue one. It latched onto her ankle, taking the form of an anklet. She then snatched the green one.

"What are you doing?!"

"What? We may need it!"

    As they bickered, an exit appeared before them. They looked at each other and nodded as they went through the exit. They will settle this mystery. Once and for all.

To be continued