𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄 🩸 I was feeling epic

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 2 | LOVE ❤

🩸STEFAN🩸

,,Stefan, you have to believe me. Klaus will come and kill me, as soon as he can" Katherine repeated for the fifth time. Something resonated in her voice that I did not know from her. Fear.

Until now, I had only known Klaus from stories. Horrible stories. If it was true that he is worse than Elijah, then we should take the threat seriously. I just didn't see why I should care about Katherine's life. She destroyed mine in so many ways that I stopped counting around my transition into a vampire.

Memories are appearing in my mind. In many of them, she was wearing an old-fashioned dress from 1864, when I met that brown-haired girl who seemed innocent, adorable and happy. I could almost hear her bright laughter as I chased her through my father's maze. Back when I still thought Katherine was like an angel and not a selfish bitch.

This Katherine in front of me is very different from the version I was privileged to know. She felt much more sinister, conniving, and sly. My Katherine had been the same, of course, but she successfully hid her dark side back in 1864.

Now I was stuck across from her in a cave that no vampire could get out of. Great. "So based on your choice of words, I should really care?", I asked slowly annoyed by the eternal speech about big bad Klaus. Katherine seemed genuinely afraid of the two original vampiresm but Klaus is definetly the winner of the bastle who held a Chance against the glory Katherine.

,,You still don't believe that my feelings for you were real? And you are angry because I lied to you about my death," she stated.

But that was not true, because there was so much more than that. It was not that simple. ,,Do you actually want to take me for a fool? You are the most mendacious beast I know. Every word out of your mouth is a damn lie. You were just playing with Damon and me in 1864, and you'd do it again."
And to add more truth to my words, I pointed out a fact she could not deny. "If you ever had the chance to save me or yourself, the choice would be you every time. And do you know why? You are the most selfish person that I know."

Katherine's survival strategy was not based on the consideration of others. She always took care of herself first. Part of me admired that, because I always sacrificed myself to help Damon or Elena. I would die to save them. Maybe it made me an emotional jerk, compared to Katherine. She made me realize that it isn't nessesary a bad thing to out yourself first.

Suddenly she was standing in front of me at vampire speed. In the darkness of the cave, she seemed almost threatening, but no matter how much I loathed her right now.... I couldn't hate Katherine.

,,Maybe I would save you," she said, playing seductively with a strand of her hair. Despite the lack of blood in this tomb, she looked stunning. Besides, it could only be an advantage if she was not at the height of her powers. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she came closer.