ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

I sat on Hu Tao's bed amidst the clutter of legal doccuments and poetry. At this time of the week, we decide to watch a movie and rotatte whom gets to pick each week.

It was Hu Tao's turn.

She kept changing her seating position as she pondered on what we should watch. 6 minutes had gone by now and still to no avail.

Eventually, Hu Tao looked at me and a mischevious glimpse was given to me. She then proceeded to search the horror section, choosing one well known for its scares, and pressed the play button.

"Heyy! No fair!" I whined at the girl, I never sat well with anything remotely scary and knowing the reviews, I was getting more anxious by the second.

Hu Tao giggled, "Too bad, its my turn this week and I say we watch a horror movie. It was Halloween yesterday after all~!"

I grumbled and began to get comfortable, Hu Tao planting herself on the side of my chest.

The introduction to the film wasnt very frightening in any aspect, but by the time the jumpscares and such began, I was screaming and shoving my face into a pillow.

After the second time I had done this, Hu Tao wrapped her arms around me and looked up with a somewhat dissapointing smile.

"Aiya, no need to be afraid, Y/N. I'm here."

I then decided to pay no attention to the movie, and instead just cuddled myself into Hu Tao's arms. She gave me a small kiss on the forehead and proceeded to watch the movie, while I decided to grab a blanket and lull myself to sleep.

I woke up just as the movie ended, and Hu Tao giggled at the fact I had tossed and turned in my sleep each time a loud sound came from the movie, meaning those legal doccuments and poetry were all slightly crinkled on the floor.

"Sorry.."

Hu Tao huffed, "Theres no need to apologize! I know you sometimes struggle with sleep so knowing you had a deep sleep makes me happy."

I smiled and gave Hu Tao a kiss on the cheek before slipping inside the duvet covers and settling down. As I closed my eyes, I heard the click of the switch connected to the lamp and a Hu Tao climbing into bed. A warm presence was felt under me and so I wrapped my arms around the sleepy  director as we both fell asleep.

414 words