Chapter 7: A Little Consideration

{3rd POV @Batcave}

The zeta tubes burst into light alerting the arrival of the Bat. Red Robin spun around in his chair, facing his mentor walking in.
"So he said yes, right?" Tim said, walking over.

"He's thinking it over." Batman said, removing his mask. "In honesty, I believe we overestimated his enthusiasm." Bruce sighed, sitting down at the Batcomputer.

"We all know Dick, he loves being dramatic. Give it a few hours and he'll say he made his choice." Barbra said, leaning on Tim's shoulder.

"You're right." Tim laughed.

{Nightwing POV @Bludhaven}

The cold air of Bludhaven rushed across my face as I ran across the rooftops. What should I do? This is a good opportunity for me, but the team. What am I saying, why am I letting them decide what I should do! I mean, I'll be with the league, that doesn't mean I'll have to deal with the team. God damn it Dick, you can't keep ignoring them forever. I stopped running over my city for a second and took a breath. I took in the feeling of freedom, something very few get to experience. The freedom of putting your problems behind you and just feeling like you can do anything. The freedom of the wind stinging on your face as you glide through the air. This is what I live for. This feeling. Joining the League means I'm going to lose some of it. I'll have more responsibilities, more people to take care of. Plus the team most definitely doesn't want to see me, might as well not make it harder for them....Shit. I have no clue what I'm going to do. As I was about to continue my patrol I saw a familiar rush of color.

The yellow and red lights flashed through the city's streets racing towards me.
"Hello there, Nightwing." The blurr said, sliding to a stop behind me.

"Hello to you too, Kid Flash." I said, turning around with my usual grin. "What are you doing in Bludhaven?" I asked

"What? Can't a speedster check on his best friend?" He said, putting a hand on heart pretending to be insulted.

"You're here about me getting invited to the league, aren't you?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Well I- ...yeah." He said, not even trying to lie at this point.

"I don't want to talk about it Walls, I just want to decide on my own." I turned around to leave.

"Dick, you and I both know you're terrible at stuff like this. Do what you want to do, not what you think the team wants." He ran over and grabbed my shoulder. I sighed.

"Wally...I just don't know. Like yeah I want to join, but I don't know if I'm ready to lose the freedom of being solo." I said as I pushed his hand off me.

"Dick, just because you're in the league doesn't mean you're going to have to stay there 24/7. Plus who cares what the team thinks. They did you wrong, not the other way around." He was getting a bit annoyed now. I took a deep breath, thinking it over for a bit. I started to chuckle a bit. "Uh wing, you're kinda freaking me out a bit. This a good or bad chuckle?" He said taking a few steps back.

"I hate to admit it KF, but you're right." I said smiling, "I'll join and who cares what the team thinks, they kick me, I'm coming back AND outranking them." I smiled. Wally was right about one thing, I don't have to fully devote all my time to the league. I can still have my free time in my city and help out with the league.

"Hell yeah!" Wally said jumping up, "it's going to be good getting to see you more." He smiled.

"Ditto, wanna get dinner?" I asked, seeing his face light up and the mention of food I took it as a yes.

{Time Skip: 3 hours}

I dropped down into an alleyway after seeing Wally off. I walked up to a disguised keyboard and typed in my location. The dark room lights up with the blinding beams from the zeta tub.

"Nightwing B01" a robotic voice echoed throughout the caves walls. I saw 4 people turn around and stare at me.

"Dick?!?" Tim perked up running over to me.

"I'm in" I said, giving the 3 heros and 1 butler a grin.

"Good." Bruce said, smiling at me. Ok now that's scary, Bruce...Happy...impossible.

"I knew it! What did I say! Good old Dick "Dramatic" Grayson." Barbra laughed, punching me in the shoulder.

"Ow" I laughed, "Good to see you too, babs."

"Master Dick, since you are here I assume you're joining us for dinner?" Alfred asked, well more like told me I was staying for dinner. I've learned to just not argue with Alfie.

"Uh, sure Alfred. Might as well." I smiled at the old man.

"I'll debrief you on your inauguration to the league over dinner then." Bruce said, putting his arm around my shoulder leading me up stairs.

{Time Skip: 35 minutes}
{3rd POV}

"The inauguration of all the new members will be in 1 week from tomorrow. Arrive at the batcave at 1pm, no later. We will go together to the Hall where the ceremony and interviews will be held. After the ceremony the league and team will meet in the Watchtower for a celebration." Batman explained to Dick who was currently digging into the first home cooked meal he's had in months. "Do you understand?" The bat stared at the vigilante.

"Yup. Be here by 1 and become the ideal role model for the next few hours." He teased in response earning a bat glare.

"Good." Bruce said, continuing his meal.
This was it, Dick was actually joining the league. He was finally going to face the team again. He was finally able to shove it in their face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Howdy partners, another chapter in the bag. Sorry if this chapter is bad, I speed ran writing it. Basically the next chapter is where the fun starts. Thank you for reading and have a good day/night!