Nanoscopic Gladiators

Nickolas landed in the Nanosphere in a flash of light. Two creatures were spooked and ran away. One was a floating creature that looked like it came straight from the depths of the sea. Green, tentacles, two red eyes, fin and what looked like an angler fish lure. The other was large, blue and beetle like with four yellow eyes. Nearby another takes notice, Red, scaly and burning hot, a dragon molded an unrecognizable form, Blaze Dragon. it's glowing yellow eyes watched him.

The landscape around Nickolas was familiar yet surreal, composed of silicon

The landscape around Nickolas was familiar yet surreal, composed of silicon. What looked like a city could be seen in the distance, a server's manifestation. Large mountains of circuitry and crystal. Translucent and Holographic firewalls... Multicolored data rivers... Nick could only gape at what he was seeing. He was wearing a blue, bulky, full body armor with spines along the back, shields on his forearms and green goggles. Lucas appeared soon after Nick. Lucas was also wearing full body armor, red and white.

"You see... I used the Nanoscanner on you while you were looking at the menus. That created you the avatar that you are using right now."

"What!" I was sure it was illegal for you to be taken to another universe without permission.

"Don't worry you will get used to it eventually. I just needed an easy to convince you of everything I am about to tell you."

"You better explain this to me right now!"

"Those weird earbud things we call them "Links". They connect your mind with your avatar in the Nanosphere. The Nanosphere"

"Ok no, Be quiet." No explanation was going to help.

Lucas sits down and starts to think. Nick tried to calm down...

Nick looks around and sees the Blaze Dragon still looking at him "What is that?"

"A Nanovor, we called it Blaze Dragon."

"Is it going to hurt me?"

"No... probably not. These Nanovor really exist, they live inside of electronics."

"You battle them in a game?"

"I know where you are going with this, they battle each other without person instigating, it's their culture. They need the energy from battle to survive, some adrenaline cycle."

"The same chemical we have in our bodies?"

"Well, we are not sure at least an equivalent. The anatomy and chemistry of Nanovor is pretty unknown. You can't have equipment at this size, so It's hard to get a good look at em, especially since they regenerate."

"Excuse me..."

"Yeah, sliced open, flattened like a pancake, frozen and shattered, devolved into mush, burnt to ash."

"They can do that to each other!? This is not scientifically possible, none of this is possible!"

"Not the science we understand, I am sure they are not beyond understanding. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown you into the deep end. Do you want to disconnect?"