Sodium Nobelium (Bonus Chapter)

Mr.Sapphire: "Sodium Nobelium" No 4   2014, September 27th

The most up to date general Nanovor knowledge

Only a few million years after the formation of the moon was set in motion, birthed from the liquid rock of earth billions of years ago, the first lifeforms on this planet, were not organic. Most likely we will never know how the first member of this forgotten kingdom of life formed. I say and continue to say whatever "it" was, it is highly improbable that "it" could have been similar enough the Nanovor we know to be known under the same name. Where are they?

70-500nm, Nanovor are the size of viruses, not cells, not even bacteria, yet some even possess human level intelligence. Still the idea that the first primitive silicon organisms could be even smaller just semes impossible, but we haven't identified anything of the sort. Did they die out due to competing with increasingly advanced creatures their same size? Did something prevent them for reviving in the nanosphere?

With incomprehensible time to be sculpted and space to inhabit it's surprising that we have only identified little over 200 species thus far, in taxonomy terms that is exceptionally small. It is possible, no, almost certain that evolution does not work the same way for Nanovor as it does for all the life we know. Now, clearly there are still many more to discover, we have found one or more every week consistently, but you would think it there were tens of thousands we would be finding them a bit faster. 

It's quite difficult not to make baseless assumptions, Nanovor themselves are still not truly understood in any respect. The grandest discovery of science came alive inside the tools we use for study. We hardly even understand this nanosphere that has been created inside our electronics, yet the Nanovor lived on an equally foreign molten world for the entirety of their multibillion year existence before now. 

Nanovor now live in a world ever expanding, partially composed of the fossils of their own kind. They might just be a little out of their element, but I would say that it is worth for revival from anything. If you ask me, what we have unwittingly made here is marvelous. The nanosphere is more than the hardware, it's developed by the software and data run on it, weather it be the city in a file drive, plains of ram or shifting cpu jungle.

Nanovor don't just evolve or metamorph at omega speed in the wild. Exceptions being RAD and NEG Nanovor, but that isn't a real evolution in the first place, it is a change caused by environmental factors and behaver. Tank Walker 1.0 is about as similar to Tank Walker 2.0 as a polar bear and grizzly bear are to each other. That is to say they are more different their appearance makes it seem. They serve different roles, despite one being more powerful, the "successor" in having evolved from it, they are both still around, serving different rolls in the society and ecosystem.

It appears they still have yet to bring back their faction biased society in full force. Factions started as an ideological construction. In competing the Nanovor became increasingly specialized in their physical characteristics and abilities. Some Nanovor changed factions in their transformation into new creatures over time, retaining some traits for their previous incarnation.

Many old or simple devices see little to no faction influence, often reduced Nanovor activity overall. When a new device comes online it's a competition to see what faction will take control of the big ticket components. Hexites have the advantage in traveling the fastest, Magnamods have staying power and Velocitrons are more energy efficient.

All Nanovor are part of one faction, but not all of their activities are faction dependent. There are also a growing number of Nanovor that are forming swarms with Nanovor from another faction. This is likely because having the protection of a massive faction isn't as important when death is not an issue.

As of now, the common non faction swarm sizes observed are 3-4 Nanovor and act nomadic. As the number of Nanovor increase for 4 to 5 to 6 and higher you start to see the Nanovor making claims to parts of the Nanosphere for a period of time for the purpose of securing energy, materials and substances. 

Nanovor sensei are one of a kind. An unidentified trigger causes a Nanovor to undergo massive changes in body structure unlike any metamorph to an existing species. Sensei also gain in mental capacity and have an immediate understanding of human language and methods of communication, all gathered from the Nanovor around them, like a single entity hive mind. Their power alone demands respect from all Nanovor. Most of them incorporate Nanovor from outside their faction in swarms, if not for effectiveness together, for unpredictability.