ONE

If there was any place your, let's say particular situation, would be overlooked it was Gotham City.

You and the symboite had come to a comfortable understanding, no eating people in exchange for a questionable diet of whatever gut churning combination he could come up with. It reminded you of a pregnant woman's cravings, odd and occasionally disgusting but better than people. Although there were times when you'd give in to his more feral behavior. Like today for instance, you'd made the silly mistake of trying to have a moment of peace outside your stuffy apartment, rooming with two dudes wasn't so bad as you made a point to avoid them, they minded their business and besides the occasional unexplained shout or small explosion they were solid roomies, sure the came home at the weirdest hours and you could smell the blood on them they tried in vain to hide but you weren't one to judge what those two got into, before V you were a lot closer, even managing a movie night once in a while when the stars aligned, but that was in the past, this routine of distance would have been lonely if not for your built in bestie.

Just as you began to inhale the sweet bitter smoke of the joint you'd so gently rolled up a disgruntled man came barreling down the alley you sat perched in. A few moments later the scream of a siren shot down the street, the noise alarming you more than the skittish criminal before you. The farther away the vehicle got the less your head felt like bursting, although now you had to face your other issue, seeing as your fire escape was basically on the floor, his panicked eyes snapped to you immediately.

A brief pause was held as he contemplated his actions, you could practically see the gears turning as he eyed the messy bag of loose hundreds, then his gun, then back to you.

"Oh please do-"

The shotgun fired, smoke blocking his vision, though the thick blanket of smoke couldn't hide the sound of your body hitting the wall. He turned around quickly but as he expected no one came to investigate the crime. Hunched over he began to shakily flip though the bills counting rather calmly for a man who just committed first degree murder.

"Seriously? You fuckin' shot me. Dick move guy." Your voice was right behind him, before his brain could process how you were even breathing, let alone down his neck, a tar like substance began to creep from beneath his shirt, his weapon was snatched away and crushed, the scream of metal being ripped apart muffled his shout of pure unfiltered fear, all the while the strange tendrils continued to wrap around his wriggling form, "What the hell?! Get off me you crazy bitch-" his voice cut off by the mass of black gagging him.

"You owe me as new shirt dickweed ." The behemoth of a man was now being held a foot off the ground, his thrashing becoming more desperate with each passing moment.

"Aw look at him go! He wiggles just like a worm." Venom said joyfully constricting tighter and tighter, the tendrils creating some kind of cocoon around the poor bastard.

"Yeah yeah don't make a mess." You said digging though the cash he dropped, your face scrunched as you flicked away the bloodier bills. "Come on V, I gotta go to the stupid store now." Your face sat in a pout as you thumbed the singed fabric of your shirt, more distraught about the waste of a good outfit than the still closing holes in your chest, at some point the man had stopped fighting and what should have been a sickening sound of digestion echoed in the dank alleyway. Thankfully your roomies weren't home, you didn't feel like explaining.

"You done?" Venom took a moment before loudly burping out his snacks gore covered clothes, "Cool cuz my tits are getting cold."

Thirty minutes later four extra large pizzas sat stacked against your side, as ugly as it could be Gotham truly came alive at night, the air buzzing with life and opportunity both good and bad, it brought a small smile to your face, you could feel Venom scanning the area no doubt looking for more food to waste your money on, well that assholes money if we wanna get nitpicky. The air could be dank at times but there was always a hint of saltwater lingering in the back. Most people wouldn't be so calm in your position, in fact it taken a while for you to do so, but V was adamant in exploring the city, especially at night when he could form around you like a body suit sans head, the shadows made it much easier to hide in plain sight, his curiosity was genuine and reminded you of a toddler in a way, you had a hard time saying no to the (mostly) sweet (not so little) guy.