Chapter 5: Tea for Master

Ciel's POV

~That Night~

"Master, your tea is ready to be served." Sebastian says, setting down a tray holding the blue and white wedgwood tea set.

I look up from my book, "Have Nia serve it. I'd like to see if she can make decent tea."

"Of course, young master." A smile creeps onto his face, "Should I also prepare some more tea incase hers is...subpar?"

"Have some faith in her. For all we know, she could make better tea than you." I return the smile.

"That would be highly unlikely," He turns and leaves the library. After a few minutes he returns with Nia trailing behind him. She glances at me and makes her way to the tray.

After handing me the tea cup, she bows. "Is that all you need, master?" she asks.

"Why don't you come sit down, I want to get to know my new servant." I say, patting the seat next to me.

She promptly sits down, "What would you like to know?" Sebastian slowly shuts the door behind him and Nia's calm expression turns into a determined one. She jumps up from the chair and reaches into her black knee-high boot.

Nia's POV

Now is my chance. I pull out one of my Kunai from my boot and step in front of Ciel. "Master, please don't think I'm crazy but," I point at Sebastian who is still standing in front of the door. "Sebastian is a demon!" I turn to Ciel who has a look on his face that I can't place. It's either fear or panic but which ever one it is, it's not good.

"S-Sebastian, restrain her!" he yells. Before I can react, Sebastian is tightly gripping both my hands behind my back, making me drop my weapon.

"Wait no!" I protest. "Please believe me!" Ciel looks at me again with those unreadable eyes. He seems to be contemplating what to do next now that I know.

"You're certifiable, demons wouldn't be living in my house disguised as a butler!" he says almost like he's scolding a small child for being scared of a monster in their closet. He has a point but he seems a bit nervous. I was always good at reading people's emotions, even before what happened all those years ago. Still, I have a bit more trouble knowing what Ciel is feeling. He is good at hiding his emotions but not good enough. It only takes me a little longer to read him.

There is only one question that's haunting me. What is he hiding? If he knows then why is this demon still here? Any reasonable person would not even dare look at a demon, much less allow them to live under the same roof. My gaze lands on Ciel's eyepatch and an image of my mother flashes in my head. "You...made a deal with a d-demon?" I ask, looking him straight in the eye.

Ciel's POV

"Of course not!" How does she know all this?

"Is that so? Then take off your eyepatch and have your demon take off his glove." Nia says with a smug look on her face. She even knows about the marks? How is that even possible?

My train of thought is interrupted by Sebastian. "Master, shall I..." He wraps his arm around her neck, preparing to break it.