Chapter 1: A New Maid

Ciel's POV

"Young master, a message from the queen." Sebastian says as he places a letter on my desk.

"The queen?" I ask. He nods his head so I eagerly rip off the wax seal and open the envelope. I unfold the letter and read the queen's graceful penmanship.

Dear Ciel,
I have a favor to ask of you. I have recently came across a young girl and she needs a place to stay so I'm sending her over to you. You could have your maid teach her how to be a loyal servant. If she is helpful, then feel free to keep her. If she is a burden, then send her back. Allow her to stay for at least a month before deciding. I know this is a rather unusual request for my guard dog but I trust no one else with her. I will make sure that she arrives the day after you receive this letter.
Sincerely,
Victoria

"Sebastian, go get Mey-rin. It seems that the queen is sending a new servant to the Phantomhive household and I need her to tutor the girl on being an exceptional maid."

"Of course young master." He bows and leaves my study.

~Time skip~

I'm looking out the window with my back turned to the door when I hear someone knock. "You may come in," I yell so they could hear me.

Mey-rin walks in,"What did ya need, young master?" She asks.

"The queen is sending over a girl to stay here and I want you to tutor her on being a loyal servant," I turn to her. "Can you do that?"

"Oh yes young master! I will be the bestest tutor in the universe, yes I will!" she says while excitedly jumping.

~Next Day~

Sebastian refills my cup with Ceylon tea."The girl the queen sent should be arriving soon." Almost immediately after he said that, Tanaka appeared in the doorway in his full grown form."Young master, the new servant is here."

"Hopefully, she is useful." Sebastian says.

"Yes, hopefully." I agree as I get up from my desk and make my way to the entrance room to greet her. Right when I see her, I stop dead in my tracks at the top of the stairs. I glance at Sebastian to find that he has the same confused look on his face that I do. When the queen said she was young, I assumed she would be in her twenties or at least eighteen. This girl looks to be about the same age as me, fourteen. She was also quite beautiful. She had long, brown, hair, accompanied by shiny, hazel, eyes and was wearing a turquoise dress with black lace. Sebastian nudges me and I feel my face heat up as I realize that I've been awkwardly staring at her.

I clear my throat and meet her at the bottom of the stairs. "I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of the Phantomhive household" I bow.

"Brittney, but I prefer you call me Nia." she says and gives an extremely awkward curtsy.

"Sebastian, show Nia to her room and once she is settled, give her a tour and introduce her to the rest of the servants." I order and head back to my study.

Nia's POV

~Time...Rewind? XD~

Why do they keep staring at me like that? The tall man in a black tail coat nudges the boy with the eyepatch, and he comes out of his trance. His face starts turning red and he meets me at the bottom of the stairs.

"I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of the Phantomhive household" he bows.

"Brittney, but I prefer you call me Nia." I say as formally as I can and muster up a decent curtsy.

The boy turns to the man in the tailcoat."Sebastian, show Nia to her room and once she is settled, introduce her to the rest of the servants." he orders and walks away.

I pick up my bag and follow who I presume to be Sebastian. He leads me up the stairs and through a giant hallway. I take in every detail, from the olive colored wallpapers to the khaki carpet. He suddenly stops and opens the door next to him. I walk in and notice two beds."Is someone else going to be sleeping here?" I ask while setting my belongings on one of the beds.

"Yes you will be sharing this room with your tutor, Mey-rin." he says.

I turn and see him staring at me,"I hope she doesn't mind that I sometimes talk in my sleep," I chuckle trying to break the awkward tension.

"Is that all you have?" he motions to my one bag on the bed.

"It's all I need,"