3 │Open Secret

~Ariana POV~

I mix the chemical substances of what the Chemistry teacher told to do in the project but a doubt, so I take out Drusilla's chemistry book from her bag.

I feel a soft book below her classwork, so I take it out too.

Funny. It had the picture of Vanessa and her brother in a Halloween costume. 

It was written 'Dairy' on the top so it must be her dairy. 

I flip through the pages and read what's inside. Vampires? Royals? Werewolves? Has Vanessa lost her mind? I get intrigued and read a few more pages. Is she kidding me? I was about to think that she has gone crazy for sure when everything clicks into place. 

Why did she always choose to wear a Vampire suit on Halloween? Why did some people start cowering in fear when she talked to them? Why did I never visit her house while she always came into mine? How did she always run so fast? How was she able to see and hear things which normal people couldn't? 

I don't realize that I drop her dairy and tears started flowing out of my eyes. We were friends before we even knew how to talk and she never told me what she was? I trust her with my life and she couldn't even tell me who she is? And the worst of all, I couldn't seem to hate her, even after what I found out. 

I started sobbing and Vanessa comes in. 

She looks at me with concern, "Ari- What's wrong?" 

"You're what's wrong! You're a monster!" I say her angrily.

She knows she messed up now and sits beside me and tries to pat my back. I flinch and move away from her. I don't want vampire touch on me. She sighs and looks out of the window. I cover my head and cry for a few minutes.

My best friend is a vampire. 

She comes near me and says softly, "Are you going to yell at me? I deserve it." Then after a slight pause she adds, "Do you want to see?" 

I think about it and nod my head. I would have a better chance of believing her only after I see her in her vampire form. 

She goes a bit away from me and tells me to not freak out. 

I mean obviously I am not going to freak out after seeing a vampire, right? 

She suddenly starts to transform in front of me and a powerful aura starts surrounding her. She starts to pale and black nerves start to swell around her eyes. Her lips and the white part of the eye (sclera) starts to redden and her irises start glowing a mix of purple and blue. As I stared into her eyes it felt like I was lost in a galaxy. An elegant crystalized purple tiara forms over her head. She looks really beautiful. 

She took a few steps towards me which I don't notice as I was mesmerized by her. She tilts her head and waves her hand in front "Hey, Ari?"

When she opens her mouth to ask that, I see how long her canines have become. No matter how stunning she looked, there was also something giving deadly vibes about her. Her movements were smooth and agile and she felt powerful, like she could snap your head any second. 

She propped on the bed and I realized she was waiting for me to speak. I tried to say something about all what came out was a squeak.