I love you, Dream

TW: suicide attempt, depression (throughout chapter)

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

*Dream POV*

I didn't know what woke me up. All of a sudden my body jolted me awake and within a few seconds I was standing, calling out George's name. Why wasn't he in the room with me? I wasn't particularly worried, but it was still causing a little concern. He would often wake up before me and hang out in the kitchen or living room until I woke up, but it was still dark outside. I looked at my watch. 4:06 a.m. Weird. I should probably make sure George is okay wherever he is. I threw a shirt on and wandered into the living room, expecting him to be watching TV like he sometimes would do. I didn't see him in there, though. I frowned and looked to my right in the kitchen.

*caution: suicide attempt*

There, standing by the table in the small amount of moonlight, was George holding a kitchen knife to his throat. My mind didn't understand the situation right away. I watched as he took a deep breath. He whispered something to himself like he was psyching himself up. All at once, my body and mind caught up and I sprinted over to George faster than I ever had.

"George!" I yelled at him. He fought back as I tried to wrench the knife free from his grip. He was a lot stronger than he was a month ago. I finally got the knife free from his grip and placed it on the kitchen counter. "George, what the fuck?" I was fuming, but I told myself to take a deep breath and calm down. I shouldn't be mad at George. I can't.

*end of suicide attempt*

"I'm sorry, Dream," George said in a monotone voice.

"Can you just go wait in my room, please?" I sighed when I saw him leave the kitchen. God, what a fucked up thing to wake up to in the morning. I took all the knives I could find and placed them in a drawer. I zip-tied the drawer and made sure it was secured before looking around the kitchen for other sharp objects.

*caution: suicide attempt*

Before I can start looking, I hear glass breaking in my room. My heart pounds and my legs shake uncontrollably. "George?!" I call out in my room. I frantically run to the bathroom and see him holding a glass piece to his wrist. It looks like his wrist already has a cut on it so I jump into action and put pressure on the wound. I drag him out of the bathroom by his wrist and push him up against the wall outside the bathroom. "What is wrong with you? Why the hell do you keep doing shit like this?" I questioned him.

*end of suicide attempt*

He doesn't respond and I can't help but get angrier and more concerned. He's almost completely emotionless. He looks into my eyes for a split second and that's when it clicks. "Did you do all that shit last night because you were planning on killing yourself today? What was all that last night?"

We sit in silence for a while before he responds, "It was goodbye, Dream. Goodbye cuddles, goodbye sex. Everything. Was. A goodbye."

My eyes fill with tears but I refuse to let them spill. It takes every bit of me to not show how hurt I am. "George, you know I can't... I can't just let you go."

George scoffed and rolled his red eyes now gathering with tears. He nodded like he was considering something. He looked to the left and then climbed on top of me, switching our position. He kissed me roughly and pushed me hard against the wall. He kissed down my neck and grinded against me. I didn't understand what was happening. It was a complete mood switch and it felt like he wasn't doing this because he was horny. It felt like he was doing this because it was a distraction of his emotions, or maybe from both our emotions. I didn't want this now, though. We had to talk. I tried to push him off me and at first, I thought it was working until I turned my head to see him reaching slightly behind me and picking up a piece of glass. While he kissed my neck, he positioned the glass piece above his wrist, but I managed to push him off me with so much force that the shard fell out of his hand and he fell back, bumping his head on the wooden side of the bed.