four

= = = = = =

= = = = = =

THIRD POV
AFTER PICKING HER chosen alloy, having her body perfectly measured, having her hand engraved, and paying for the uniform, Biwako bowed a respectful farewell before walking down the mountain. With the adrenaline finally washing out of her body, she slumps in exhaustion. The simple walk down the mountain seems more tedious than the actual final selections.

Descending down the mountain, Biwako could feel the aches in her limbs as they jitter with shaky movements. However, the pride and happiness of actually passing the selections was enough motivation to keep her moving. She couldn't wait to see Sanemi again, after all, she couldn't have done it without his help. If he hadn't trained her for the past four years, then she would for sure been dead right now.

Sure, Biwako lost all her family, but the white haired man that trained her was actually becoming more and more like a brother figure. Even if he did have a hot temper, or some rhinoceros beetles that he has crawling around. But, he's all that she currently has, and no matter how angry he got or harsh the training was, she still appreciated him, is grateful to him, cares for him.

He's family to her now.

Though, just as she makes it to the bottom of the mountain, she notices the sound of footsteps behind, as if they were following her. Turning her head, a burgundy curl blocks her vision, but as she shakes her head, her honey eyes finally land on the two figures. One of them being Kanao, her passive face showing nothing, but the sole Kazeyama could note the exhaustion in her posture. The other being the boy who yelled at Kanata, and pulled her hair - he seems more angry than tired.

Then she realizes, they're all going to the same direction. All towards the Hashira estates. She wonders, if she's Sanemi-san's Tsuguko and Kanao is Shinobu-san and Kanae's Tsuguko, then who is that boy Tsuguko for?

Despite the thought of it, she keeps to herself. She knows they're all tired from the seven days of fighting demons, the survival of it all. By means, it was their first time actually using their trained breaths to slay demons, and successfully.

Huffing, she turns back to her path and continues walking. She scoffs, and shakes her head, smiling. At least it's over now. At least she's finally a demon slayer.

Eventually after a long few hours of trudging through the dirt road and trees, Biwako finally saw the familiar sight of the Hashira estates. Looking back towards the two others, the Kazeyama girl smiles at Kanao.

"Hey, we're almost home," the brunette smiles at the silent girl.

With that said, Biwako hurries with a skip in her step, like all the exhaustion left her body. Instead she was excited, relieved, to see her mentor again. She was excited! The selection were finally over, and now the real fighting begins! She can't wait to slay every demon she comes across.

To rid this world of all the monstrous, flesh eating filth that are demons!

Because every time she sees a demon, she's reminded of the way her family were torn apart! How her younger brother was ripped from her hands and butchered in front of her very eyes! How the demons cackled and laughed as they fed on the blood of her family, like a bunch of savage animals!