The Percers

Rumor has it that the mysterious Percers were a small tightly-knit family of amoral narcissists who plotted ways to control the world to ensure that their progeny would hold the greatest wealth throughout history. But this was not true. Not entirely anyway. The narcissist part was true . The plotting and planning part was true.  But the rest was, well,  just an urban myth. Created by, you guessed it : The Story Department hired by the Percers. 

It was easier to imagine that all this evil sprung from one tiny family of wealth versus the actual reality: a large eclectic and diverse group of greedy self-serving predatory strangers.
You see, "The Percers" were a vast network of uber-wealthy individuals who sprung from the highest level of influence and power in the planetary system. It all began on Planet Earth. (Now called Terra 1.0 but some people still use the old name Earth). 

So, not one small family from one small house in one small country but actually a vast network of wealthy individuals growing their wealth exponentially over time in order to control the masses. Even though their beginnings did start on this planet Earth they didn't end there. Unfortunately their influence spread fast via intergalactic travel and conquest. Until a vast multiverse was uncovered and this mysterious group found the ultimate weapon of mass manipulation: Sokeri. 

The Percers formed coalitions with like-minded life forms across the galaxies expanding their influence and control over a monolithic network called 'Sokeri Societies'.  The Percers  were ruling it all behind a shroud of darkness and no one knew any better. Until one little girl made a discovery - but that comes later. 

First let me explain how The Percers began...

Legend has it that the Percers humble beginnings began on planet Terra 1.0 in the year 1822. This record disruption began with the invention of The Babbage Difference Engine. This was a computer that then weighed a monstrous 700 pounds until finally, hundreds of years later it finally morphed into a small handheld rectangle of titanium, weighing a mere 173 grams. These objects eventually became cumbersome for the Terrians and eventually due to their desire for total convenience, microchips were implanted into their bodies so that they could experience the convenience of being 'Connected', save 'Time' and be more 'Productive". The final microchip design was placed in a Child's cornea at birth and became a natural part of how they processed their world. The only people who were not 'chipped' were, of course, The Percers. They communicated on older versions of technology which used landlines, postal services and the strictest of all computer Privacy Settings which helped maintain their anonymity for ages. In fact they still remain mostly mysterious to this day. Few archival information remains. Most of the histories are from word-of-mouth or memory-dreams, but no one heeds these signs of sorcery and magic.

Their affluence grew exponentially and society on Terra 1.0 changed faster than people could control. Only the richest humans owned the resource of TIME and with this they planned their futures. These were the ONE PERCENTERS.

They formed secretive groups designed to divide and conquer the masses. These groups were called Groups Of Division or the G.O.D and they started organizing religion as a way to control people's thoughts and actions. When that divided nations and millions died in Religious Wars they gained a stronger foothold of power. Then they built upon that power with commerce and trading; grew their financial systems. This divided the rich from the poor and fanned the flames of inequality which created the Status Wars, which killed more people, planted more seeds of discord and they profited greatly from this, too. The third discovery came as a surprise but ended up being the most insidious and long-lasting 'Trojan Horse victory' for The Percers. They inadvertently stumbled upon the one thing that all Terrians cherished the most for survival. The one thing (no matter someone's religion or age or social status or intellect) everyone had a relationship with. Everyone wanted it, desired it, craved it. This one thing had been hiding in sight all along. It was hands down, unequivocally what they put into their mouths. It was what gave them pleasure. It was food. 

THE MARGINALSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें