Chapter 1: Cold Coffee

Alexa's P.O.V.:
3:53 pm:

I walked into Café Luna with a broad smile upon my face. I had tried to conceal my excitement and keep a cool attitude, but I couldn't seem to stop grinning in anticipation. Jesus, I was bursting with all sorts of emotions. Keep your shit together Alexa!, I scowled at myself.

I couldn't help feeling this way. My girlfriend Lynn had returned from the Honeymoon Tour along with her band; Pvris. We had agreed to meet the afternoon after their final show. That meant that today would be our first encounter in almost two whole weeks! It's what kept me up thinking at night.

I desperately longed to see her lovely face and witness her adorable laugh in person once more. It wasn't the same speaking to her through a digital screen. I needed to see her face-to-face.
When we're apart, it's like a piece of me is missing.

I scanned the chattering crowd of customers for Lynn. There was no sign of her. For the time being, this didn't worry me. After all, I had arrived 7 minutes early. Dammit. I was going to look like a loner in a place full of chuckling straight couples.

Café Luna has a slightly cramped, but snug environment. I'm not complaining though; I really wouldn't mind having the opportunity to get near Lynn in public. If I didn't control myself, my lips would always be pressed up against hers. They're just so tempting.

Once I found a free table, I cautiously settled down into a plush seat with my Expresso Macchiato, a raspberry tart, and chocolate tart. To satisfy my hunger, I wolfed down the raspberry tart and washed it down with my coffee. Chocolate is Lynn's favorite, so I saved the other one for her.

With one sip of my Expresso, my tastebuds were instantly singed. I almost spat it out, but I managed to force a gulp. The pastries were tasteless after that. Crap, that's eight dollars gone down the drain. I wouldn't be able to savor anything for a while.

I waited out the remaining minutes by continually stirring my coffee.

[Alexa thinking about Lynn]
4:10 pm:
I've been staring at the glass door expecting you to rush through at any second. You still haven't arrived. Maybe you're running late.

4:26 pm:
I've texted you about 9 times now. No reply. Where could you be? I've been watching people come and go. Maybe you forgot. I've memorized all of the pastries on the café menu.

4:33 pm:
The employees here are beginning to eye me weirdly. They most likely think I'm loitering. I'm starting to think that you're not going to show up. Where are you, Lynn?

4:39 pm:
112 times. That's how many times I've stirred my Expresso. All the pastries are gone. Hunger got the best of me. My coffee's cold.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey everyone! I'm Sofia and my OTP is Lynexa (Lynn Gunnulfsen + Alexa San Román) This is my first fanfic ever! I'd love some constructive criticism/feedback. I hope Shattering Distance isn't as bad as I think. Enjoy!