My AlBaTrOsS

SANEM :

"You didn't explain to me the why..." I asked, rolling my arms around his neck making myself comfortable in his arms while he climbed the step.

My eyes searched for his but he was too focused on his feet as he taunted, "Very eager, eh?" He smiled and I said feeling a bit ashamed, "are you angry that I fabricated about my engagement?"

"Perhaps a bit." He muttered glancing at me as he took the turn and stopped before an iron door.

"I am sorry." I apologised looking straight into his eyes.

"You should be." Placing me down he caressed my face as he continued, "but it is not something that I didn't assume before. To be honest, it never convinced me enough to believe that you're engaged, Sanem."

"Oh, what a fool I was!" I murmured holding his wrist, "If only I had come up with a smart excuse to hide my idiocy."

"What?" He shrugged.

"Yes, it was my clumsiness that caused me to make the mess," I said promptly.

"What mess?" He inquired and thinking not even twice I blurted out, "That red file. You were not supposed to get a hand in it. It was Emre bey's and he forced me to seize it out before your eyes could have laid on the papers in it. Aha!" Hastily I plastered my blabbering mouth again as I realised what I did. Then I shook my head chiding myself inwardly and begging him through my eyes as he seemed to be thoroughly amazed.

"Wait! Let me think..." Then rubbing his forehead in growing confusion he made some calculation in his mind as he asked waving his index finger at me "That day you came to steal? And you did it actually just under my nose. My God!!! Sanem, how dare you conceal the truth with such a tale of your engagement? Didn't it frighten you? Or, are you very much skilled in lying and duping people?"

"Sir!!!" I removed my hand at once as my desire for him replaced with bitterness when he blamed me for nothing as I speak out scornfully, "Mind your language. Haven't I just told you that it was regarding some confidential information that you were not supposed to see?"

"How?" He sneered in despise as he claimed, clutching my arms, "How do you expect me to trust you now when you are telling me that since the start everything was just a fib? When the base is based upon falsehood then..."

"Are you insane?" I cut off, "Why are you accusing me when it was your brother who compelled me to do so?" 

"He doesn't mean anything to me the way you do." He grounded out.

Then placing my hands on my hips I announced, "what an idiot you are!"

"Wh-what?" He stammered.

"Yessss" I hissed bringing my face closer to him as I said out unflinchingly, "Stupid! Nuts! Silly man! Why don't you simply understand a simple thing?"

"Sanem! I am warning you..." He growled blowing hot air on my face.

"I am not afraid of you anymore, Sir." Briskly I let out as I said next risking my dear life at stake, "Such a big-headed and dim-witted man like you can not scare me off anymore."

"Oh, Woman! I have heard you more than enough..." Flaring his nostrils he shot the fire of wrath through his eyes which made my sanity upside down but before he could grab me advancing his huge paw I threw my hand at my back to grab and twist the knob of the iron door. Fortunately, it got unlocked with a loud click and swiftly I pushed the lid and slid myself inside through the tiny gap.

"Ahhhh!" I squealed in anxiety and tried to close the gate on his face but I couldn't as I lacked the strength that he had when he kicked open the door with a wild rattle and left me with no option but to run away as far as I could.