chapter two.

"It's looking very good."

"Be careful taking that out. We don't wanna make a mess."

"That's what she said." Jacob snickered. Skylar only shook her head jokingly while having a sort of smile on her face.

Just then, an announcement came from the speaker.

"Attention. Archer is now on lockdown, effective immediately. All students are to remain in their classrooms until-"

"What the hell?" Skylar thought.

"Alright, um. Guys, I can't hear the announcement."

The teacher went to turn off lights, and gestured for the students to the back wall. Everyone immediately got out their phones, texting their parents. Skylar sat next to Jacob, who was on the phone with his dad. She tried not to listen in on his conversation.

you've got some explaining to do ben.
i thought you were going to meet me this morning?

hello? you better answer. don't play with me. i'll f you up.
benjamin rifkin. answer the damn phone right now. or it'll be the last thing you do.

Skylar put her phone back into her pocket, having an annoyed look on her face.

Boys.

"Ben isn't answering. He told me to meet him in front of the school, but he stood me up." Skylar said.

Jacob looked at her. "What a dick."

"Yeah. Maybe he forgot."

The students were in the classroom for the rest of day.

                                   .•° ✿ °•.

Skylar and Jacob walked into the Barber's residence. They both tossed their backpacks on the ground near the door, too tired to even adjust them.

Skylar went into pantry to grab a snack. That was a habit that she had, eating food. But food is delicious, so who cares.

The two teens sat on the couch, turning a movie. Skylar checked her phone again, to see if Ben had texted her back. No avail. Skylar rolled her eyes, and threw her phone on the couch. She had enough. She rested her head on Jacob's lap, and he smiled, placing his hand on the shoulder. Stroking it gently.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Skylar suggested.

"I need to get my head off of Ben and his stupidity."

Jacob chuckled, "Sure. What do you want to watch?"

Skylar shrugged. She was fine with anything, but didn't know exactly what to pick.

"Beetlejuice?" Skylar suggested.

And so, the two watched Beetlejuice, Skylar sometimes singing along. Especially to Dead Mom. That one was her favorite song.

author's note: if you've watched beetlejuice, which song is your favorite? mines dead mom as well.