chapter nineteen.

Skylar rolled her suitcase in the hotel. It was big, and fancy. The lobby was beautiful. Maybe Skylar was overreacting a bit, but it had been a while since she'd been in a hotel. One that was actually nice too.

Skylar stood by Andy and Laurie who were checking in at the front desk. Skylar hadn't seen Jacob for a while, and turned to find him laughing with someone. A girl. She had blonde hair, and reminded her of Emily.

Skylar felt her blood boil. Yes, they were just talking, but that girl was too close to Jake for Skylar's liking. Skylar walked over, introducing herself.

"Hey, Jake. I was wondering where you were. Who's this?" Skylar asked, gesturing to the girl next to her.

"I'm Hope. Sorry, what's your name?" Hope introduced.

"Skylar Evans. I'm a friend of Jacob's."

Hope nodded her head, "Cool."

"Anyways, Jacob. Do you want to come to the beach with me once you get settled?" Hope asked.

Skylar had already had enough of this girl.

"Actually, Jake and I were planning to explore the resort a bit first." Skylar butted in, stepping close to Jacob.

"Weren't we, Jacob?" Skylar said, a bit sternly, looking right at Jake.

"Uh. Yeah, I think so." Jacob shrugged.

"Exactly." Skylar whispered to him. "Well, Hope, it was lovely meeting you. But we've got to go. Bye bye, now."

Skylar grabbed Jacob's wrist, pulling him towards the desk where Andy and Laurie were waiting for them.

"What was that about?" Jacob asked.

"She was getting on my nerves." Skylar said, bluntly.

Jacob laughed. "Don't worry, I won't let her get in the way."

"Way of what?"

"Nothing."

                                 .•° ✿ °•.

Skylar and Jacob were wading near the shore of the beach. The sand was soft, and the ocean was a crystal blue colour. Mexico was truly a beautiful place. Andy and Laurie were resting on the lounge chairs, watching the two teens from afar.

Skylar was enjoying the moment, until a certain girl had showed up.

Hope.

"Oh, great." Skylar thought. Mentally rolling her eyes.

"Hey Jacob!" she said, too loudly.

"Oh. Hey Hope." Jacob greeted. Hope didn't even bother to acknowledge Skylar's presence.

"Just letting you know, there's a new years party tomorrow night. You and your parents should come."

"Am I invited too, Hope? Or, did you already forget about me?" Skylar said, her arms folded.

Hope only looked at her, and scrunched her eyebrows. "Uh, yeah. You can come too, I guess."

"But you don't really seem like a sociable person." Hope continued.

"And what gives you that idea?" Skylar said, sounding a bit more rude than she expected,

Hope shrugged, "You're quiet."

"Because you never talk to me. Only Jacob, it's like all you care about is him. " Skylar said, her hands on her hips.

Hope was quiet. "Anyways, I hope that you'll come, Jake." she said eventually.

Hope walked away, leaving just Jacob and Skylar.

"You didn't have to be that rude to her." Jacob said.

"Don't even try that, Jake. I wasn't rude." Skylar shot back.

"You're right, you're just jealous." Jake teased.

"And so what if I am? I have every right to be." Skylar said, giving him a dirty look.

Jacob chuckled. "Do you want to get something to eat?"

Skylar nodded, and the two walked off to the restaurant to get some food. But Skylar wasn't lying when she said, Hope really got on her nerves.

author's note: youtube or tiktok? me personally, i prefer youtube. tiktok is nice, i won't lie, but it doesn't really give me the nostalgia that youtube does.

another question, who was the first youtube you watched on youtube? me personal was little kelly. no, that isn't where i got the name for kelly. i just randomly thought of the name lol