•Chapter 1•

Running away was the most selfish and wisest thing I could have ever done. Running was the sole chance I had of survival. I knew that day was coming, I just never expected it to be this soon. I made an effort to keep myself and my- brother... my poor brother at the crown but his selfish ambitions bestowed his execution. I hardly ever imagined that the love of my life would have the guts to end his life.

My aching feet drew me to my knees as the tears surged down my face. I am completely alone. That bastard left me in the hands of a mad king who's willing to kill anyone who stands in his way of his precious Sienna.

I felt this rage fuel inside me. What's so special about her? My brother went to all ends to assert his dominion over her. Cyan broke off our wedding for her and even Duncan is foolishly in love with her!

Pulling myself to my feet I kicked a trash can as far as I could. Tearing garbage bags, empty boxes, and wooden planks apart that were placed in an alleyway for the weekend trash pickup.

A lengthy whistle echoed throughout the alley and I stopped in my tracks. Scanning the dark sky for any sign of Cyan and his new crew. My heart pounded in my chest as I knew my fate had been sealed today.

"Hey, pretty lady."

I turned around to the origin of the voice. I took a deep breath in.

"What do you losers want?", I raised a question while I crossed my arms. I had no intentions of showing these scumbags my vulnerability. I am still their princess, for now.

"We are here to side with you" One spoke as they made their way closer to me.

"For what? You guys obeyed my brother and guess what? He is dead". Deep down, I hoped they would follow me as they did my brother. I needed their help if I was to go after the one person Sienna will truly hate to get hurt.

"You are our princess, our beloved future Queen. Your brother had a future for us but unfortunately he was blinded by a redheaded halfer".

"A stupid mistake", another added.

"Watch it that's my brother who you speak of" I wasn't going to let anyone insult my late brother, that was my job.

"What he's trying to say is- your highness, is that you can lead us on the path to victory. We can't let what happened to your brother go unnoticed. We must avenge him".

I glanced at the five men in front of me. It's a small group but six is better than one.

" I do have one person I want to get my hands on", I confessed as I walked around the men.

"This person-" I said with a cruel grin coated on my exterior. "Is someone my brother couldn't locate. That is Sienna's beloved little brother".

I placed my hand on the shoulder of the guy who I couldn't remember the name. "Um, Surge is it?"

"No, it's rya-".

" Surge it is," I said with a light smile while I pressed on his shoulder a little too tight. Surge nodded as he tried to hold in the cry. " You and your little crew will head out and find me that rat okay?".

"Yes your highness".

"Excellent! And don't come back till you have him".

Once they cleared out, I let out a deep sigh. I couldn't help but recall the time I met him. My only love.

My father had mentioned to my brothers and me about the downfall of our kingdom. It was inevitable, the war was an ongoing battle that nearly lasted half a decade. Even though the northern kingdom won, the southern kingdom had already wiped out all the ice weavers. Except for one, the future king, who miraculously escaped with the help of those closest to King Zilver and Queen Eira. I remember being told from a young age that I was going to be one of the queen's ladies as soon as I reached the proper age. My father was already a royal in the king's court and my two older brothers were soon to follow my father's steps. They were chosen by the king himself, an absolute honor. Soon after the war had ended my dearest brother, Jax, assassinated my father and two older brothers. He was only thirteen years old at the time. I was only ten then, confused and shocked.