Ch. 17 - Heat Source

I had no other thoughts anymore except that I was freezing. I barely felt pain from my injuries at this point and was only feeling like I would soon become an ice cube. I must have been really sick. Though my cheeks were pink with warmth, signifying a fever, there was no warmth in my body to save me from the cold.

At this point making it stop didn't seem so bad. I clutched the blankets as close as I could just to feel comforted. No one had checked on me in awhile which meant they were making up a plan or accepting that there was nothing they could do.

Getting sick in the underground is basically a one way ticket to death for about seventy-five percent of the time. I never really got sick but Isabel did when she was younger, she loved cause she had a caretaker and it wasn't too life-threatening. Someone with broken bones, bruises, cuts, and also a fever.....their body is working overdrive and will soon enough crash. I didn't want to go out this way. This was the last thing I wanted.

I want to be able to die saving someone I love.....or at least grow old and die like a geezer who had a somewhat fulfilling life. Doubtful, old people can't take care of themselves down here unless they run a business. Maybe Isabel could look after me for a little bit....that dream was futile at this point.

Through the sound of shivering I soon heard the door open and footsteps walking towards my bad.

"Oi. I could hear your loud chattering down the hall."

I knew that voice. Levi.

"No quip or response back....Something is definitely wrong with you," he spoke again, running a hand through his hair before taking a seat on the bed. "Those fools are working their asses off to buy you medicine. But you'll most likely die before they get back. To get that sort of stuff.......it takes a long time."

I could feel his gaze on me and turned my head to at least look back. No words were spoken, but I could tell he knew what I was thinking.

"You've already come to terms with it haven't you...." he commented. "It's probably for the best."

He had faltered a bit on that last line, as if it pained him to say it. He looked like he was having a debate in his head as he lightly pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not letting that happen...."

While I registered what he said, all the sudden the blankets were pulled up and my eyes widened. I was hit with more cold and held myself tightly trying to get any sense of warmth. I squeezed my eyes shut and soon felt the bed shift before the blankets fell back on top of me.

As I opened my eyes, something pushed me into what felt like a heat source. I realized what it was and my eyes widened as I looked up.

"God....you are freezing," he muttered as he held my head to his chest. "Just warm up as best as you can. I've dealt with worse."

I didn't argue, moving closing to him as I rested my hands on his abdomen. I felt so much warmer and slowly felt my eyes closing as sleep took me.

"Don't die on me....please."

Those were the last words I heard before I fell unconscious.

3rd POV

A couple hours later after Levi was able to stop (Y/n) from freezing and also helping her fall back asleep, Farlan and Isabel burst through the door.

"Levi Bro! We got the medicine!" Isabel announced loudly.

Levi looked over menacingly and both Farlan and Isabel felt fear, realizing the situation.

"Levi you've done it again," Farlan began to tease. "Even if she is sick you still can't keep your hands off of her."

"Levi bro! You have a thing for my sister!" Isabel spoke shocked, grabbing her head as if it might explode from such a realization.

"No! I don't," Levi retorted calmly. "If I hadn't done this she would've died before you two dimwits came back."

"Dimwit now huh..." Farlan muttered before continuing. "You should wake her, we have her medicine and it would be best for her to take it sooner rather than later."

Levi nodded and went to get out of the bed, put a set of arms halted his actions. (Y/n) laid there clinging to him, her grip like iron as if her life depended on it, which it did a few seconds ago.

Levi sighed and just waved Isabel over. He lightly tapped (Y/n)'s head until she stirred, opening an eye slightly to see what was going on.

"Take your medicine and then you can sleep more," Levi instructed and she nodded her head in her drowsy state.

Isabel scooped a spoonful of medicine on the utensil and quickly fed it to her. (Y/n) stuck her tongue out in disgust but had swallowed it none the less. They all sighed with relief and she soon fell back asleep.

"We'll be back to give her another dose when she wakes for the morning," Farlan spoke and went to usher Isabel out of the room.

"I want to watch over sister (y/n) though," she argued as she was pushed out of the room.

"You can tomorrow," Farlan replied and then winked as Levi before closing the door.

Levi sighed in annoyance and then looked down at your sleeping form that was cuddled up close to him. His feelings for her were unknown to him but he knew he felt something.

He didn't think much on it and lightly kissed (Y/n)'s forehead before going to sleep himself. He had peaceful dreams for once as he held (Y/n) in his arms.

Hehehe! A chapter!!! Yayyy!!